Good Italian Food

polostar88

Registered
Very rare to find here as we all know. Occasionally I have a craving for it. Getting pasta at a "regular" place is very risky, as it resembles form of biological warfare.

So far I've liked

Pecora Nera
had the artichoke appetizer and then the polenta with wild mushrooms, both were very good. They also have an affordable menu ejecutivo

Marcelo, I tried the one in Recoleta. The fetuccini carbonara was excellent. Very big portions, the 1/2 portion is big enough for two or three people. Good coffee.

Interested in other places of good quality...even if they have pizza :p

VERY INTERESTED in pasta dish with mixed seafood if anyone has a suggestion...this is my favorite Italian dish and it takes a skilled chef and great ingredients to make a good plate

Try the "Paccheri agli asparagi" at Guiliano's" on Sinclair just off of Cervino in Palermo. It is just around the corner of Sanatorio Trinidad. It is a small (maybe 10 - 12 tables) restaurant, excellent food and service; in the month we were in BA the last time we ate there 5 times! The paccheri was my favorite dish; the other two sets of grandparents, also in BA for the birth of the granddaughter, also went their. One couple couldn't remember the name of the dish so they said, the dish the American, with the two Colombians had the other night. The waitress/could be owner, said oh, you mean the "Gringo's dish" and served them the paccheri!

Very rare to find here as we all know. Occasionally I have a craving for it. Getting pasta at a "regular" place is very risky, as it resembles form of biological warfare.

Mauro.it Il ristorantino Italiano in Belgrano, where a plate of pasta is compulsory! They have around 10-15 sauces, and at least one with fish (but honestly I can't remember which and I didn't try it). You pick the sauce, Mauro picks the pasta format that best match it.
I had tagliatelle ai funghi and my husband had an interesting linguine con pesto e gorgonzola. As a starter, we had a bruschetta and a burrata.
His tiramisù is the best I ever had in Buenos Aires, Mauro does the mascarpone himself (showed me the big bowl, offered me a sample) and it is the real deal.
We spent around 500 ARS drinking water. The place is not cheap by Argentinian standard, but the food is good. Mauro also appeared in some TV shows and there are many pictures of celebrities (both Italian and Argentinean) on his walls. He does pretty basic stuff, the kind of food you would eat at an Italian home.

I don't have much experience with eating Italian food in Buenos Aires, so far.
The only other place I tried was Gulie in Palermo, but we arrived late and they only served cold food, so we just had a burrata with tomatoes and salad, a tiramisù and a coffee. Avoid the tiramisù, which is not so much of a thing (of course, impressive compared to the Argentinians' version). The coffee was served bringing the moka directly on the table, which was nice. The burrata was more of a mozzarella, I liked Mauro's more. But anyway, a burrata in Argentina... what do you expect?! (at least, for those who have tried a genuine burrata from Puglia...)

And then there is the BA best pizza in the world search........................or how about some Italian Thai Fusion?

Ive been to Bella Italia a few times with visitors and it's always been fantastic. Its on republica arabe siria y segui.

Ive been to Bella Italia a few times with visitors and it's always been fantastic. Its on republica arabe siria y segui.

Which Bella Italia? There are three within a few doors of each other? I prefer their Grill; the cafe has declined, and I rarely visit the restaurant?

Back