Best Mexican Restaurant in City

starlucia said:
Don't go to Cielito Lindo. The food's kind of lame to begin with, but then on our last visit we were served some foul (clearly rancid) guacamole. And when my partner mentioned it to the server, his response was, "What? No way; it must be fine. Other people ordered it and they didn't complain."

Ugh. Got given that line before at "yo sushi" in the recoleta design centre.
Sushi was manky, smelled bad and when we complained the waitress came back insisting that the chef said it was only a few days old, so it was our fault if we didn't like the taste. Which is true enough I suppose, I'm not keen on the taste of rotting fish...

We walked by Lupita last night... lights were out in our building and much of the barrio so thought we'd go have a drink until they came back on... much to our disappointment it is CLOSED! They either didn't pass inspection or didn't pay the right people off, so who knows how long the closure will last -- could be a few weeks, few months, or some businesses just give up and don't bother opening again....

Nooooooooooooo - Lupita is closed? Fingers crossed it re-opens! Best drinks in the city there, hands down. :(

citygirl said:
Nooooooooooooo - Lupita is closed? Fingers crossed it re-opens! Best drinks in the city there, hands down. :(
They might have been doing toooo well and someone stepped in to remind them who's boss. That happens in this town on occasion.

Avisanos if it re-opens.

Otherwise, see you at the cancha. (With an "a".)

:)

I haven't found any Sushi or Mexican food that compares to anything in the states. But then again, this isn't the states and that's what I like about it;-)

For authentic Mexican street food, La Fabrica Taco is by far best. The food at Taco Box is really good (order the fajitas with pollo y carne), but it's not so authentic. Lupita is decent too.

For something quick and cheap, I like el gato viudo burritos on Viamonte y Carlos Pellegrini.

Other than that, the rest of the mexican restaurants in BA are terrible.

I enjoy La Fabrica just to sit on the back courtyard patio with a drink and some nachos/ guacamole. It's not the best I've had but it's hardly terrible! Nice environment to have something different and chat with friends... their hot sauce is decent, too ;-)

The best I've had so far is from a catering/ now home delivery service (Palermo Hollywood only, I think). It's called Casa Carranza www.casacarranza.com.ar

The owner is from Guadalajara (and is a friend of mine), although has lived in BA for the past 5+ years. She's hosted a variety of small Mexican events and the food is always great & devoured quickly!

De Nuestra Cocina a tu Living...
Envío a Domicilio de Tacos, Nachos, Quesadillas y otros antojitos...
4775-8251

the fajitas at Maria Felix might not be authentic, but they are some of the best I've ever had (and I grew up near Mexico)

I do believe fajitas are Tex-Mex so you're from closest to the source than next to Mexico.

I learned to cook a lot of Mexican food here living here. I wish I could have my favorite places from Los Angeles (El Tarasco and King Taco) here but oh well. I just eat it pretty much once a day when we visit.

Back