Best Place (S) To Live In Argentina And Why?

Ive yet to go down south beyond Mendoza but I like to imagine the Lakelands area ticks alot of boxes. Tourist towns invaded by gazillions of horny screaming adolescents every year are a bit of a turn off so Bariloche and Carlos Paz would probably have to be ruled out for me.
Yes, many tourists of all ages including crazy teenagers go to both Bariloche and the mountain towns of Córdoba, including Carlos Paz for winter / spring break and their graduation trips. However that is a blip on the screen, these places are truly beautiful....do people decide not to live in or visit Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Las Vegas or avoid Caribbean cruises just because a few weeks of the year they are populated with young, rowdy people? I would say not....

Cordoba is a great place to live, good nightlife, friendly people, hills, lakes, rivers 40 min away from centre.. Good music scene also, I'd say better than in buenos aires..

my vote is for san martin de los andes..... it a small place so i guess some could get bored in time ... but it is clean beautiful quiet most of the time and one of the nicest places i have been in Argentina...

San Martín's pretty expensive, and I find it a little claustrophobic. I'd prefer Villa La Angostura, except that I don't want to be in the path of the next ashfall.

San Martín's pretty expensive, and I find it a little claustrophobic. I'd prefer Villa La Angostura, except that I don't want to be in the path of the next ashfall.

I thought both towns were too small. I liked Bariloche and ESPECIALLY the Llao Llao peninsula, which is stunningly beautiful and just a stones throw (well, 15-30 min drive) from the city. Granted there are no big cities there, it's more little villages and towns, the proximity to Bariloche makes it so you can still get everything you need, but have that beauty and tranquility of some of these other towns/cities in Cordoba province and the lakes district. The only complaint is the weather - it's rarely warm!! But paradise if you like winter sports!

I thought both towns were too small. I liked Bariloche and ESPECIALLY the Llao Llao peninsula, which is stunningly beautiful and just a stones throw (well, 15-30 min drive) from the city. Granted there are no big cities there, it's more little villages and towns, the proximity to Bariloche makes it so you can still get everything you need, but have that beauty and tranquility of some of these other towns/cities in Cordoba province and the lakes district. The only complaint is the weather - it's rarely warm!! But paradise if you like winter sports!

Bariloche's an OK place to visit, but I find it too congested, even at Llao Llao. It also has bad traffic at times, and some unpleasant slummy areas.

Back