Best Place (S) To Live In Argentina And Why?

TWB103

Registered
Considering all the usuals - low crime, cultural attractions, natural attractions, fresh air, climate, low corruption, business opportunities etc.

I can't imagine such a place exists anywhere in the country, but I will be reading the replies with much interest.

Considering all the usuals - low crime, cultural attractions, natural attractions, fresh air, climate, low corruption, business opportunities etc.

If I were to live permanently in Argentina, my top choices would probably be Mendoza (wine, mountains, climate, urban appeal) and El Bolsón (mountains, fresh air, climate, relative tranquility). As a part-timer with family in Argentina, I like being in Buenos Aires for a few months at a time.

Low corruption, let's be realistic. You'd choose Chile or Uruguay first.

I would say that if you are looking for a good quality of life close to nature, a good amount of cultural activities and relatively low crime, you would want to consider the mountains outside of Córdoba. A place like Villa Carlos Paz is beautiful and safe, when you leave Capital Federal and see the mountains, lakes and very cute houses (some really large and luxurious) along with friendly warm people, an abundance of good food options and plenty of recreational activities you have to pinch yourself to believe that you are still in Argentina. Capital Federal is NOT a good representation of what this country REALLY is all about, it's becoming the "south bronx" of Argentina if you ask me. It's like leaving the Bronx in the 1970s and going to Niagra Falls when you go out to the countryside and the further away you get from the big cities, the better it gets.

Ive yet to go down south beyond Mendoza but I like to imagine the Lakelands area ticks alot of boxes. Tourist towns invaded by gazillions of horny screaming adolescents every year are a bit of a turn off so Bariloche and Carlos Paz would probably have to be ruled out for me. Mendoza? not sure. It ticks a few boxes but I hear crime there is a bit of a worry.

What happened with the Kiwi (Aussie?) Murder investigation?

Mendoza is probably one of the nicest.
It is very nice here. The mountains, skiing in winter, the many wineries, lots of sunny days/the dry weather, San Rafael/Valle Grande for the various outdoor activities. Plus you have Chile close by for shopping. But there have been lots of issues with insecurity lately - so not the safest place.

my vote is for san martin de los andes..... it a small place so i guess some could get bored in time ... but it is clean beautiful quiet most of the time and one of the nicest places i have been in Argentina...

Back