bife de chorizo?

billsfan said:
And don't get carried away. I only said "animosity". No need to google the word since most people here speak english, right?

Come on man, I'm not trying to make a federal case, but also I will not be portrayed as something I'm not.

I put that up there, having Googled it, because the word that you used seemed pretty strong, considering I had no animosity toward you whatsoever. I went to look it up to make sure that the word was indeed as strong as I thought, and I posted it because I thought perhaps you didn't realize how strong a word it was as well.

BTW - I look up words all the time to make sure I understand their actual import. I've been speaking English now for roughly 46 years. I rarely assume because I have been wrong too many times in the past.

For example, the other day I used the word "surreptitiously" thinking that it meant something like "finding something by accident." Something didn't hit me right though, so I Googled the word and found out that it meant "acting or doing something clandestinely." That was not what I was trying to portray with my words. I realized actually I meant "serendipitously".

When you said I was acting with animosity, I had to look up the word to make sure I understood the full import, and then I presented it in my post in order to refute that I was responding with animosity :)

Okay, very enough could the OP and the rest of the world know what the hell is called the bife the chorizo in english here in BA, Rosario or La Quiaca?

New York Strip

My third favorite cut after the Tenderloin and Tri Tip.

;)

Bife De Chorizo is my favourite cut and served rare the flavour is incredible. Make sure its grass fed and with a reazonable amount of marbled fat.

Bife de Chorizo and Ojo de Bife are related cuts....the closest you can come to it in the US is the NY Strip, but of course the taste of the beef won't be as good as in Argentina no matter how good you have it...the grass in the Pampas is different :p

Also you can get top-quality bife de chorizo in BA restaurants for maybe $10-$12 at most, while in the US a steak of similar quality will be closer to $50 (at least in NY). And even then it won't have the same flavor.

According to Wiki bife de chorizo would be rib eye. I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't think it's rump steak at all. So, what is bife de lomo then?

How can you assure that the beef is grass fed? I rarely ever see it noted anywhere one what or another.

That is wrong mini.

Rib eye is " ojo de bife

It's says it very clearly in the name. Ojo means eye. I eat these cuts and buy these cuts all the time. There really is no debate about it.

Bife de lomo is a filet mignon or tenderloin.

Again. Bife de chorizo is a New York strip loin.

mini said:
According to Wiki bife de chorizo would be rib eye. I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't think it's rump steak at all. So, what is bife de lomo then?

How can you assure that the beef is grass fed? I rarely ever see it noted anywhere one what or another.

AlexfromLA said:
That is wrong mini.

Rib eye is " ojo de bife

It's says it very clearly in the name. Ojo means eye. I eat these cuts and buy these cuts all the time. There really is no debate about it.

Bife de lomo is a filet mignon or tenderloin.

Again. Bife de chorizo is a New York strip loin.

Right. I forgot about ojo de bife.
Anyway, I always choose entrecote at home & I always choose bife de chorizo here. So, at least I'm happy with the tid bit of info Bill shared! ;D

Bon appétit!

From friends in the cattle business, I have heard that "grass fed" beef is now almost impossible to buy...in the last year, almost all beef is now feed lot fed....I have sure noticed a drop in that rich flavor that only grass fed beef has, and i have been thinking of making cards to leave for restaurant owners letting them know we notice the difference ....I think this is an issue that even portenos dont know about as its not been in the news much....

Back