Birth Certificate for Permanent Residency NOT necessary?

Yup - they won't do anything without it. Get a few copies of the official "apostilled" version from your state Secretary of State, por las dudas. If you're lucky, they may even accept it as-is without having an official translation signed off by a licensed member of the Colegio de Traductores....

No it is no longer needed, and this really annoyed me, because I spent lots of time and money getting mine organised and specially sent over, after ringing round embassy´s and getting the list of papers needed, which allllll stated I needed my BC, legalised, translated and then legalised again here. but when I went just the other week to complete my papers they never asked me for it, and instead asked me to make a full photo copy of my entire passport. which is, as others have stated a better piece of identification as it has all the same details as your BC and is international, so without the need of the translation and legalisation steps. But yeah when I asked him... what about my BC, he just said no we´re no longer using them any more.

So yeah certainly for the migracion office in BsAs, you no longer require your BC

Hop said:
A year ago they looked at my birth certificate but did not keep it. I was applying for temporary, not permament residency. But the migraciones website still lists the birth certificate as a requirement for permanent residency, but not for temporary. Everyone has such difference experiences when applying for residency so maybe it just depends on who you get at migraciones!

Totally agree. I did not need my FBI Background Check apostilled however some people here did. It really does depend on who you get at migraciones.

Back