Birth Control Pills????

suli

Registered
Where and how can i buy birth control pills in buenos aires? There's a farmacity super close to where i live but I'm not sure if I need a doctors prescription or not. Do they sell them without one or not? If you're wondering yes I am at legal age but I simply don't trust condoms especially since many men nowadays don't use protection. So how can I buy birth control pills here? And what do they call them in spanish? I've taken birth control pills before moving to buenos aires but never purchased one here yet. Please help with some info, thanks :D .

Hi, Suli,

You can go to any pharmacy (especially Farmacity) and ask for pastillas anticonceptivas without a prescription (though if you have obra social, financially it makes more sense for you to get a script, as there is a 40% discount). I used Yaz brand BCP, it was fine.

However, even though pills are effective, I would be very wary of being with anyone who doesn't or won't wear a condom. Regardless of being on the pill, use them. If you have to carry them on you, so be it, but it's so not worth the risk of not protecting yourself.

Hi, Suli,

You can go to any pharmacy (especially Farmacity) and ask for pastillas anticonceptivas without a prescription (though if you have obra social, financially it makes more sense for you to get a script, as there is a 40% discount). I used Yaz brand BCP, it was fine.

However, even though pills are effective, I would be very wary of being with anyone who doesn't or won't wear a condom. Regardless of being on the pill, use them. If you have to carry them on you, so be it, but it's so not worth the risk of not protecting yourself.
I think if the person is in a long term relationship there is a point where condoms are not required - part of the reason for having a girlfriend. Of course this doesn't apply if you are under 25 and your partner is a wackjob.

I think if the person is in a long term relationship there is a point where condoms are not required - part of the reason for having a girlfriend. Of course this doesn't apply if you are under 25 and your partner is a wackjob.
If you are 25, the chance of being a wackjob is high anyway.

Back