Blue Dollar - Over

so my question is.. do we sell now. or wait? does anyone have any predictions for the opening rate on Monday?

In case you have US$ cash, you should be safe either way: in case the government decides that every argentine can exchange say 10 pesos per year, dolar blue will exist as before. And should they allow large amounts of pesos to be exchanged, everyone will try to exchange, thus increasing the devaluation, so you can exchange to a good official rate.

My biggest concern here is: if they don't limit the capital escape, I can see the reserves dropping very quickly up to a point where there's no more money to buy electricity - but I guess we are used to living without light by now... :D

As a (not very) old adage says: "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future", but I'll risk it anyway.

After a brief honeymoon where some people believe they can buy US dollars, it will turn out that the monthly/annual amount allowed is so ridiculous and/or the AFIP bar is set so high, that the good old blue dollar will be back in full force. A guess: mid February singing the blues the price will be not below 11.50.

So it is fair, that those who don't cheat should pay a 20% tax?

You deduct it from income tax. If you cheat the system you really pay the 20%, if you are a good cutizen, then it makes almost no difference.

According to LN, the methodology, algorithm and alchemy used to determine one's viability to acquire USD on application to AFIP (Agency For Intimidating People), will not be made public.

Unintended consequences. Sounds as though purchases for travel have been suspended. My Spanish leaves a lot to be desired.

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/179184-Por-la-incertidumbre-los-comercios-suben-precios-reducen-cuotas-y-dejan-de-vender-algunos-productos-

Back