Blue Dollar - Over

... Every policy for years now has been all about holding on to reserve dollars. The very recent clampdown on online purchases would be in line with that, and politically costly - i.e. something of a desperate move. So why this sudden odd ball out, I was asking myself. "One of these things just doesn't belong here... and now my song is done."

I could only come up with two ideas.

1. It's a trap. The people will go racing to buy dollars at a rate that will threaten to destabilize the reserve, and their lack of patriotism, confidence in their own currency etc will be blamed for some more draconian policy. Seems a bit far fetched though.

2. Then the phrase "according to your income" really sunk in. Perhaps it's more like an exit strategy, a chance for the 1% to cash out of the peso to some extent. A chance for politicians in the know, their family and crony friends to move their liquid assets to safety in a completely legal manner. They could make the whole process so tedious that it is not worthwhile for people at the bottom of the pyramid to do it. (same strategy as online ordering - make it too big of a headache to bother)

Just rolling the dice of conjecture for fun here really - obviously not enough info yet to make any real predictions.
Neither a trap nor some mumbo-jumbo in accordance to someone's income.

Years of experience with Argentine national economical policies teach us that attempting to find the logic behind it is futile.

Insider tip, here is how it actually works:

1. Write a number of possible policies on a circular piece of cardboard.
2. Spin the cardboard.
3. Blindfold, throw a dart at the cardboard.
4.1. If you hit some person, fire him.
4.2. If you hit the cardboard, find next week's policy where the dart hit.

It really is that simple.

We were talking about buying usd.

However, if you pay that with tarjeta plus the 20% it cost you 105.600 pesos while if you buy blue at 11,7, it cost you 128.700 pesos.

After the devolución of the income tax, your travel cost you 84.480. You are saving 48.700 pesos, 4162 usd at the blue rate.

So, genious, you are worried for 300 usd?
My income is in Euros and dollars, and yes, I spend money on what I need and want, but I don't waste it.

As I wrote: You are more than welcome to send me 300 US dollars, which in Mendoza is more than half a month's rent.

Hellooooooo, you are not paying taxes on that.

Presuming you can get the 20% refunded.

But, that aside, why should they take the 20% from you, even temporarily, simply to convert one currency to another?

And why should the government have to know that you are doing it?

And please don't give us that narco bullsh-t. You don't intrude on 99.99% of private citizen's lives (not in a free and democratic country), because you're worried about narco drug and other money laundering (which, as has always been the case, they have other ways to do anyway).

FYI:

I needed cash for the weekend and had to sell US$ 100 today. The exchange rate was 11 pesos.

Have a great weekend and let's see what happens on Monday <_<

Presuming you can get the 20% refunded.

But, that aside, why should they take the 20% from you, even temporarily, simply to convert one currency to another?

And why should the government have to know that you are doing it?

And please don't give us that narco bullsh-t. You don't intrude on 99.99% of private citizen's lives (not in a free and democratic country), because you're worried about narco drug and other money laundering (which, as has always been the case, they have other ways to do anyway).

I didn t know you were anarchist.

My income is in Euros and dollars, and yes, I spend money on what I need and want, but I don't waste it.

As I wrote: You are more than welcome to send me 300 US dollars, which in Mendoza is more than half a month's rent.

A) Then, why you are so upset? This has nothing to do with you as soon as you seems to do not need to buy usd.

There is always going to be an illegal market for selling usd or euros, don t worry about that.

2) Jajajaja.

A) Then, why you are so upset? This has nothing to do with you as soon as you seems to do not need to buy usd.

There is always going to be an illegal market for selling usd or euros, don t worry about that.

2) Jajajaja.
I am not upset, I just want the 300 dollars you see as almost no money.
I'll be happy to remove the weight of money on your burdened shoulders.

Back