Blue Dollar - Over

So you are prepared to pay me the "almost no difference"? not really money, so why shouldn't you?
Once more you make up as you go.

Ok, taxes for dummies:
At the end of the year you make an affidavit about your income tax, before February. It is 35 % of your income minus your expenditures.
Then you have about another 4 months to pay it.
This is your first year.

The second year, you pay it during the year, in advance, because before the end of the year you have no idea of your expendichures.

So, it makes no difference. I wrote almost no difference because there is inflación and to pay today or in 2 months might make a different.

So, when you buy usd, they collect income tax and i don t see any difference between this or paying the income tax through the bank.

Ok, taxes for dummies:
At the end of the year you make an affidavit about your income tax, before February. It is 35 % of your income minus your expenditures.
This is your first year.

The second year, you pay it during the year, in advance, because before the end of the year you have no idea of your expendichures.

So, it makes no difference. I wrote almost no difference because there is inflación and to pay today or in 2 months might make a different.

So, when you buy usd, they collect income tax and i don t see any difference between this or paying the income tax through the bank.
How many first years are there? most would think there is only one.

"The second year, you pay it during the year, in advance ..." - that is on average half a year in advance.

Ok, taxes for dummies:
When the real inflation is more than 28% per year and on average more than 14% in half a year, I should like you to give me this minimal inflationary difference from buying e.g. US$ 11,000 the cost of the family's trip to Europe or Disneyland once a year. It will only cost you a little more than US$ 300.

some first info for you in English...

http://bubblear.com/...llar-purchases/

I was thinking about the facts on hand, general things we know plus a few items from the announcement, namely:
  • peso is being devalued
  • massive clampdown on online purchases - 2 per year, insane paperwork obstacles
  • "the dollar has reached a level of convergence that is acceptable to our economic policy goals." (surely a lie)
  • decrease the income tax advance from 35 percent to 20 percent.
  • people are now allowed to purchase foreign currency according to their income

Every policy for years now has been all about holding on to reserve dollars. The very recent clampdown on online purchases would be in line with that, and politically costly - i.e. something of a desperate move. So why this sudden odd ball out, I was asking myself. "One of these things just doesn't belong here... and now my song is done."

I could only come up with two ideas.

1. It's a trap. The people will go racing to buy dollars at a rate that will threaten to destabilize the reserve, and their lack of patriotism, confidence in their own currency etc will be blamed for some more draconian policy. Seems a bit far fetched though.

2. Then the phrase "according to your income" really sunk in. Perhaps it's more like an exit strategy, a chance for the 1% to cash out of the peso to some extent. A chance for politicians in the know, their family and crony friends to move their liquid assets to safety in a completely legal manner. They could make the whole process so tedious that it is not worthwhile for people at the bottom of the pyramid to do it. (same strategy as online ordering - make it too big of a headache to bother)

Just rolling the dice of conjecture for fun here really - obviously not enough info yet to make any real predictions.

How many first years are there? most would think there is only one.

"The second year, you pay it during the year, in advance ..." - that is on average half a year in advance.

Ok, taxes for dummies:
When the real inflation is more than 28% per year and on average more than 14% in half a year, I should like you to give me this minimal inflationary difference from buying e.g. US$ 11,000 the cost of the family's trip to Europe or Disneyland once a year. It will only cost you a little more than US$ 300.

We were talking about buying usd.

However, if you pay that with tarjeta plus the 20% it cost you 105.600 pesos while if you buy blue at 11,7, it cost you 128.700 pesos.

After the devolución of the income tax, your travel cost you 84.480. You are saving 48.700 pesos, 4162 usd at the blue rate.

So, genious, you are worried for 300 usd?

Ok, taxes for dummies:
This is your first year.

Apart from all the other problems with this that you just blithely ignore:

Why should you have to pay taxes to simply convert one currency to another?

Back