Blue Dollar - Over

I don't buy it! It's another b.s. It's pretty much like buying $$ for travel. They say you can get us$$ for travel, but have any of you actually had any luck to purchase a single us$ when needed. Even if i have all straight with AFIP, was never qualified for a single penny. So now they are telling the world that we can buy currency. On top of that, need to pay 20% extra, which they will refund "later". But in the real world this will never happen. It's just to cause more confussion to somehow control the blue. Living here, it's like watching a soap opera, every day it's a new episode.
p.s. has anybody had any luck refiling skype call credit wit arg. cc?

This is sort of a temporary damage control, the demand will always be there no mater what.

People selling properties in USD etc.

Huge Bolivians, Peruvians, etc. Overseas remittances.

I don't think Dollar blue going to go away, it is here to stay.

I still think they've gone about this all wrong. Why did they never just go after the sector inmobiliario and say as of June 1 2011 or whenever the cepo started, every transaction for real estate has got to be transacted in PESOS. If you have dollars to purchase a property you will have to change them to pesos at the oficial rate at the Banco Central before the transaction. Just make all real estate transactions take place via electronic transfer instead of cash in a bag and it becomes something much easier to regulate.

Because a decree alike caused the 2001 riot: the neoliberal economy minister Domingo Cavallo enacted a decree that said that the salaries could be paid only by atm. And to enforced it, he put a restriction on the cash you can take out of bank.

Having over 50 % of the population working under the table, overnight the economy colapsed.

It is known as corralito.

The same is going to happend if they do something alike.

I don't buy it! It's another b.s. It's pretty much like buying $$ for travel. They say you can get us$$ for travel, but have any of you actually had any luck to purchase a single us$ when needed. Even if i have all straight with AFIP, was never qualified for a single penny.
Actually that seems to have changed. We went to Chile recently (weekend trip) and the request was approved (200 dollars worth of Chilean pesos for a couple of days). Before our requests at the AFIP site were always rejected.

This is sort of a temporary damage control, the demand will always be there no mater what.

People selling properties in USD etc.

Huge Bolivians, Peruvians, etc. Overseas remittances.

I don't think Dollar blue going to go away, it is here to stay.

You are confusing the blue with the arbolito or green.

The blue means illegal and legal pesos by passing a goverment restriction while the green means only illegal pesos that comes from evading taxes and other crimes.

The goverment allowed to buy usd with legal money today. If they really mean it, the blue is dead. Why? It is full of people with usd at home, if they can buy usd legally at 8, then it is a good busisness to sell the savings by 13 and re buy in white at 8.

The price is 8 plus 20% income tax in advance. It means 9.6 but you get that 20% back a year later.

It means that the blue disappears and you are going to have only Green but the price is going to stop rising or it might fall.

The green should fall until 11. However, as soon as the blue has polítical side intentions (those who talk about parity $/usd are neoliberals and they say the price should be 13), we'll see.

The big problem here is the lack of a plan, or at least, any public effort to demonstrate a coherent plan. Because in many senses, what we've seen in the last few days/weeks (Paris club re-negotiations; Repsol settlement; devaluation; relaxing of dollar restrictions) are similar moves to what many other administrations would have initiated if they suddenly inherited the same situation.

The devaluation has to happen - there was no reality to the official exchange. This probably will mean some short-term pain as imports rise in price, but Argentina is potentially positioned to benefit as its domestic manufacturing capacity, not to mention sectors of the agricultural community and soon natural gas, are more robust than they were in the 1990s. Exporters are going to see an immediate benefit.

The blue rate also has to go if the economy has any chance to normalize. This move seems like step one in an effort to rebuild confidence in the currency. Load road to go, but you have to start somewhere that won't bankrupt you. This won't fix the problem, but maybe it's the first dent.

Capitanich really seems like the great unknown in all of this. Everyone else is a true K lackey, and owes everything to them. Granted, Capitanich owes them as well, but he had his own political base and future. He must know his only chance to be the "heir" is to somehow breathe some life back into the economy.

The biggest fight must be about inflation - because Kicillof seems to believe it is irrelevant in his "demand-driven" economic views. As long as you keep raising salaries, who cares! Unless inflation is drawn down, I can't see how anything else ultimately works. They've made a lot of tough choices that have pricked the middle and upper sectors of the population - and the time where they have to prick the lower sector is fast approaching. Will they do it...

I don't buy it! It's another b.s. It's pretty much like buying $$ for travel. They say you can get us$$ for travel, but have any of you actually had any luck to purchase a single us$ when needed. Even if i have all straight with AFIP, was never qualified for a single penny. So now they are telling the world that we can buy currency. On top of that, need to pay 20% extra, which they will refund "later". But in the real world this will never happen. It's just to cause more confussion to somehow control the blue. Living here, it's like watching a soap opera, every day it's a new episode.
p.s. has anybody had any luck refiling skype call credit wit arg. cc?

I spent over 15.000 usd on my credit card with no hassle.
I only use cash for paying the taxis.
There were only cash restrictions.

I think what Bajo is saying might be some merit, however, he says "we'll see" and that is the operative word here. Who knows what will happen now.

Back