Blue dollar rate

Ok knowing this, how much of a pain in the ass is it to pay the bill? Can I do it online? If I have to go anywhere or stand in line it's already not worth it to me?
Easy, all done online like everything else as long as you have a local account, Mercado pago account or local credit / debit card.
Key is having a local line of credit to put those cuotas on.
Foreigners who have difficulty going through a regular bank can get credit cards from Wilobank and also I think Mercado Libre offers credit lines and virtual cards.

Easy, all done online like everything else as long as you have a local account, Mercado pago account or local credit / debit card.
Key is having a local line of credit to put those cuotas on.
Foreigners who have difficulty going through a regular bank can get credit cards from Wilobank and also I think Mercado Libre offers credit lines and virtual cards.

Ok so if I say yes to cuotas I need to put it on a credit card? Can I pay in cuotas on a debit card? Does the cuota plan just show up in my BBVA account home banking page and I make the monthly payments from there?

It’s just paying your credit card bill.
The cuota(s) will be charged to your card each month. Usually you have to pay it by the 5th day or something like this which may vary by bank.
Here people don’t carry open balances on their cards racking up insane interest rates, the credit is given by the merchant and the payment is split up and charged by the merchant each month until the outstanding balance is paid. I think there is a limit on how much open balances / cuotas you can have which increases / becomes available again as you pay cuotas each month.
I don’t know BBVA but all my banks you can pay your card payment online.

I see, could I buy a car like this? On a credit card and then just pay it off in 18 months?

I see, could I buy a car like this? On a credit card and then just pay it off in 18 months?
Hmm, no I think that works in a different way like a direct debit or something since is essentially secured financing. Have never tried a large purchase on cuotas - and usually they have interest attached or are based on the going USD value at the time they are due to maintain the value for the merchant ...and risk actually making it more expensive unless you score a super deal.
Most Argentines I know actually lease instead of buy for cars since it avoids some taxes etc.

FWIW (And you may already be aware of this?) An argentine family member of ours was using one of our USD based credit cards at WalMart. Not thinking, when it came time to pay the bill, cuotas were offered by the cashier and accepted by the family member. Long story short, the transaction hung up, the card got frozen and the goods remained in the store. (It had to be done all over again the next day!) The family member wasn't thinking that a USD based credit cadr worked differently, but apparently it does. Honest error, but a teachable moment all the way around.

Worth noting (or crying?) that USD continues to slip against major currencies.
Linked to euros here, but the same applies to JPY, SFR, GBP etc....

Bad .. A couple percent change for the Euro 0.115 to 0.117 doesn't move the amperemeter for us that had an 81% dollar increase in value vis a vis the peso in the past year..!

Back