Blue dollar rate

kagebee

Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm new in Buenos Aires and looking for a few trustworthy cambios / ceuvas where I can exchange USD for Pesos with a good (blue dollar) rate.

Any tips or recommendations? Are some of them ENG speaking?

Best,
KB

I'm not in BA and not a citizen of this unforgiving country, but my personal experience says the best was to convert USD to Pesos is through Western Union. You need to have a significant other/ friend/ or someone you trust to repay you when they withdrawal the money for you.

The rate is like the stock market, it has it's ups and downs. Usually it drops over the weekend and picks up throughout the week. It's a gamble for the best rate but quite secure, rather than going through some Joe.

I have the US version of WU (available through a US Gmail account, use a VPN if necessary) and I'm able to transfer to a fellow citizen's bank account.

Thanks Wilder but I'm looking for Cuevas. I've heard there are many whom you can trust. Just need some recommendations which one.

If you are near Palermo there is a reliable cueva on Maure, two blocks from Libertador and across the street from Coto. It's a small shop selling lottery tickets. Stay away from "arbolitos", guys standing on touristy streets offering fantastic exchange rates - too much risk of getting fake pesos.

Hi KGB,

Must provide a general location so we can assist you.
As an unwritten rule, this should be handled by PM.
Nobody should burn such useful and sensitive info on a public board. Most cuevas depend on discretion to operate and it's a lot more safe for all parties involved.

Iz

Hi KGB,

Must provide a general location so we can assist you.
As an unwritten rule, this should be handled by PM.
Nobody should burn such useful and sensitive info on a public board. Most cuevas depend on discretion to operate and it's a lot more safe for all parties involved.

Iz
Quite right, Iz.... Wish I could delete my post but don't know how to do it .

Hey everyone,

I'm new in Buenos Aires and looking for a few trustworthy cambios / ceuvas where I can exchange USD for Pesos with a good (blue dollar) rate.

Any tips or recommendations? Are some of them ENG speaking?

Best,
KB
Hey KB, if you have zella or PayPal I could give you pesos at the blue rate . My office is by the US embassy .

Blue Dollar rate $139 pesos? What a relief, you sit and watch your peso income go up each day , they will call you names for being a privileged pig
. But Watch Out when it goes down no one will commiserate with you..!

Back