Boise, Idaho anyone?

1706570847031.pngHere is a map of the 35N parallel of the US.
I thought it might help since BA is in the 35S parallel.
Why South Carolina is not labeled I have no idea.

Alby's feeling pretty smug and self-satisfied right now.
I've loved every minute of this thread. It's made me think about where I might want to live in the event I ever move back to the States, and it's given me some good ideas. Don't get too snug.

Nikad, I did what you're doing but about 10 years ago, when we decided to move to the U.S. While researching for about 2 years, I felt a bit like Goldilocks --- here too hot, there too humid etc, etc, etc. No place is perfect, the most you can hope for is the best all-around compromise. One word of advice --- take much of the online info about locations with a HUGE grain of salt. I actually got grumpy amusement reading untruths about places I was VERY familiar with.

One more thing... GBA often gets trashed on this site, and you've said you feel unsafe there. Most of my years in Buenos Aires have been outside of CABA, and I go there only when absolutely necessary as I dislike it intensely (the only cities I've ever actually enjoyed were Berlin and Toronto).. I do not feel unsafe where we live in Zona Oeste, this after returning from a U.S. town with a population of 800. As with anyplace (particularly Argentina) there are good areas and bad areas, but that can't be determined by hearsay or a bus ride. The pickings may be slim, but there are good places to live beyond Capital Federal if you're at all interested in staying in Argentina.

nikad. you are a great voice of reason and one of my favorite posters. i stand by origin post. opportunidad abundand. you can find good people everywhere. weather i cant help you. i live in arizona and most people spend their summers there. small town cities, flagstaff, prescott, and payson have the same view and close proximity to phoenix. i went to university in flagstaff. flagstaff is at 7000 ft, the rest at 5 to 6 thousand. flagstaff has cold winters. the cost of living is doable. we have big tech and lots of medical. could not help but throw arizona in the ring. we are considered purple on the policical front. the us is really divided and should play into your decision. sad. oh, thanks ries for confiming my original post. i thought the bundy’s were there.

forgot to mention a small community east of phx called gold canyon. remarkable mountain views

Last edited:
East of Phoenix you say? One of the big advantages of retaining a foothold in Argentina is it doesn’t have any of these ground zero nuclear targets if and when WW3 breaks out:

Looks like Wyoming is the only state spared in a 500 warhead strike. Not that I would recommend it to live.
One of my friends left BA for Pittsburg a couple years ago and seems to like it. YMMV, of course. Cold at times.

Back