Bookclub Will Be Last Tuedays As Of 4/28 And More!

lacoqueta,
Thanks for asking.
I have not yet moved down to BA.
I will spend the month of October doing ground work, taking clases en castellano, investigating, meeting & greeting, extensive practice with the collectivos, subte, trial run to Montevideo, etc. with a (semi?)permanent move down hopefully next summer.
In the meantime I am getting leave from all my cases. will be going full tilt through September, and am looking forward to taking my first full month's vacation since I started practicing in 1976, although the month as currently planned will probably be busier than work.
This group has been extremely helpful in giving me a practical view at life there, good and bad. Thanks to you all.
So I am very much looking forward to coffee chats and the October Bookclub and meeting as many of the cool kids that I can.

Ok, it looks like we will have enough to start again, either for September or October. . But who could make it if we start at the end of September? And thanks to all for the positive comments :)

I think we should read my son's new book, Verse by Moses Roth, available from Amazon for only $2.99. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

We arrive the morning of Oct 23 so I think we just miss the meeting unless it's the last week of the month.

T/

I'd love to take part-- I wasn't able to make it to the last coffee, but would like to meet some folks. We've been here for almost two months and want to meet some new folks! Many have recommended The Goldfinch, but I haven't picked it up yet, that might be a good book to check out (though I am open to just about any book out there).-- Thank you for organizing!

Can you schedule October's for the last week so Nancy and Tom can be there? I really want to meet them. Please.

Not to worry! Historically we have always met the last week of the month. Are Wednesday's ok folks?

I love to attend. I plan to retire there soon after owning a flat in San Telmo for 6 years. I hope you keep it going and will deep posting the event.

Back