Borders remain closed

I made it a few hours ago. No problems. Immigration was a breeze. All the paperwork in order and everything accepted both with the gate agents in the USA and here upon landing. Able to pay the 9,000ARS on the way out. However, no idea how/where. Thanks for everyone’s help here.
so very glad you made it, cheers.

holy cow...so it's a punishment for being a direct relative of their national?
Apparently someone was quoted as saying it was a fine for not doing the residency abroad before COVID. Which is ridiculous since my embassy won’t do it unless I am imminently coming to actually reside. Also children of citizens have to pay that were born during COVID when they haven’t been processing these. But I guess we’re so desperate and we’ve finally been let in after 8 months of being band we’ll just pay.

Apparently someone was quoted as saying it was a fine for not doing the residency abroad before COVID. Which is ridiculous since my embassy won’t do it unless I am imminently coming to actually reside. Also children of citizens have to pay that were born during COVID when they haven’t been processing these. But I guess we’re so desperate and we’ve finally been let in after 8 months of being band we’ll just pay.
Fingers crossed you won't get stuck there for another 8 months after you will have finished with your arrangements...So you can get Moderna or Pfizer here as opposed to Sputnik V - if you opt to get a shot that is. Enjoy the summer break :)

They just found a way to replace the reciprocity fee that was removed by macri's govt...I am sure it'll stick around - if not increase - once they open the borders for tourism
infoviajera.com

para el caso de visitas no permanentes (2), la gestión debe hacerse en la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones al arribar al país y la tasa migratoria tiene un valor de 9.000 pesos argentinos:

EXTRANJEROS CON FAMILIARES DIRECTOS DE NACIONALIDAD ARGENTINA
Podrán realizar gestión ante: 2) Dirección Nacional de Migraciones
2) DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES
Para visita de familiar argentino (no permanente) con tasa migratoria de 9.000 pesos (Decreto N° 865/19 artículo 1° inciso m). Pasos:
a) Presentar ante la aerolínea certificado de nacimiento, matrimonio o unión convivencial, debidamente apostillado o legalizado, que compruebe el vínculo directo con un ciudadano argentino, copia del DNI argentino del familiar y reserva de pasajes
b) Presentar ante la aerolínea nota de solicitud donde se explique brevemente la necesidad de la visita, fechas de partida y regreso y lugar donde se hospedará
c) Dentro de las 48 horas previas al embarque, completar DDJJ electrónica donde debe adjuntar PCR negativo (no más de 72 horas previas al embarque) y seguro médico Covid-19
d) Presentar PCR negativo físico y seguro médico Covid-19 físico en el momento del embarque, caso contrario no podrá abordar el vuelo

Fingers crossed you won't get stuck there for another 8 months after you will have finished with your arrangements...So you can get Moderna or Pfizer here as opposed to Sputnik V - if you opt to get a shot that is. Enjoy the summer break :)
Thank you. We got someone out in April. So I’m sure there will be options. Or I live here now, lol.
And yes I’ll be getting Moderna hopefully later in 2021

Back