Boudou On Trial; Argentina Wins

Again a perfect example of just how broken the US justice system is in favour of the powerful. Clinton gets charged in a political (not penal) forum, gets convicted, and then his conviction gets vetoed by a lower (as in less democratic) body.
Please, he was indicted by the house, not convicted by it. The constitution reserves that right to the senate. People get indicted all the time and are later acquitted by a separate bodies.

You're right it was a political trial and not a criminal one.

The independence of the Supreme Court and Justice in general is another big achievement of the Ks, where you have politicians like Macri or Boudou processed. You should have known what this used to be in the 90s!

Bummer Camberiu. I was rather enjoying the thought of Boudou and Macri being processed:
meat-grinder.jpg

Most likely (99.9%) it will be a nice show and nothing more. If Boudou falls they will all fall like domino chips.
Jaime with all the train accidents only got 6 month and probably somewhere with a gulf course.

Jaime with all the train accidents only got 6 month and probably somewhere with a gulf course.

Any golf course he wants actually, considering it was a suspended sentence.

(Although it wasn't for the train accident)

The independence of the Supreme Court and Justice in general is another big achievement of the Ks, where you have politicians like Macri or Boudou processed. You should have known what this used to be in the 90s!

I agree, an independent Supreme Court is a great accomplishment. Unfortunately, given she is fighting many of its decisions nowadays, I guess Ms. K is not too happy about it anymore ;)

I agree, an independent Supreme Court is a great accomplishment. Unfortunately, given she is fighting many of its decisions nowadays, I guess Ms. K is not too happy about it anymore ;)

I dont remember in my 36 years ANY time when we had this.

Is Boudou actually being tried at the moment? Or are these pre trial hearings with Judge Lijo?
I must confess to getting a little confused by the Spanish terminology at times.
Procesado is charged as far as I can tell, so maybe we need a pocket size glossary of terms.
Any volunteers?

I have a feeling that some back-room manoeuvres will ensure a "stay of execution" for Boudou on some technicality as the sight of a VP being hauled to Devoto would surely bring down that house of cards as others have implied.

Citado :soupena
Indagado : Inquired
Imputado : Charged
Procesado : Indicted

Any opinions Boudou was Inquired by Judge Lijo

Back