Brazil Has 21 Of The Top 50 Most Violent Cities In The World

World cup went ok, apart from the disastrous results by the Brazilian national team. Have things deteriorated since then?

You mean other that the Petrobras scandal, the economic depression with millions unemployed, the currency losing half of its value to the dollar, and the Zika virus?

So the crime rates will increase for the Olympics compared to the World Cup because of the Zika virus? Didn't know it produces bloodthirsty zombies...

You mean other that the Petrobras scandal, the economic depression with millions unemployed, the currency losing half of its value to the dollar, and the Zika virus?

Unemployment has dropped a bit has it not?
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/brazil/unemployment-rate

Unemployment has dropped a bit has it not?
http://www.tradingec...employment-rate

Nationwide, for the holiday season. Those are mostly temp/seasonal jobs for retail and tourism. Yet, it was the worst December since 2007, in terms of jobs.

Rio, where the Olympics will take place, had a net loss of 183 thousand jobs in 2015. Since it is highly dependent on the oil industry, even more jobs are being lost as we speak.
Wages are down 4% across the board. It is a pretty gloom scenario right now.

From Google Translate:

The fall in employment in the State of Rio was stronger than in the country: the decrease was 4.69 %, while the country fell by 3.74 %. It has been 23 years since the number of unemployed grew this much in the state of Rio .

for more information please go to www.liveleak.com and see the crime wave in action.

Camberiu.
Here you go with the alarm bells and red alerts again.It's O.K. this time because being Brazilian you know the situation better than I
Given the huge time bomb Potuguese mercantilism left Brazil and its economy's heavy dependence on commodity exports,it is not really too surprising that this situation is occurring.
.Add to that the refusal of most of the population (about 200 million,I believe) to accept austerity financial measures and it gets worse.I find this understandable on the part of the poor and lower income groups.
However,the Sao Paulo elite and the well salaried gov't employees and early and well paid "aposentados" -retirees- should be willing to make some sort of
sacrifice.
Apparently not.Just a lot of "bitch and moan" and "Fora Dilma".

I lived in Brazil for years and while it is often very dangerous, the only place I have ever been stabbed was right here in BA! :(

Back