Brazil Has 21 Of The Top 50 Most Violent Cities In The World

I lloked at the list I've have been to 8 of the top 10 and they are and were all scary. I just got back from beautiful but very dangerous CapeTown. No buses after 2130 and people get off their jobs in the city business centre starting from 4pm due to the danger factor! The rainbow nation does not have a pot of gold at the end of it rather some higher than kites street kids waiting for you to come and get it!

If I lived in Brazil I would not leave my house without a big stick.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=957_1454283611

Warning not for those of you well you know are not over 17.

If I lived in Brazil I would not leave my house without a big stick.

http://www.liveleak....=957_1454283611

Warning not for those of you well you know are not over 17.

Its not that bad. I have been to almost each and every major city of Brazil several times right from the very North to the very South. Its always about which neighborhood and what time you are there. The most dangerous city, for me was Salvador especially in the old city area. Always needed to be on guard there with small kids roaming freely with long daggers and knives and saying "dame mi tu dinero"! My favorite cities in Brazil are Porto Alegre and Curitiba. I love spending time there.

You think as the economy goes down it wont get allot worse.

As a matter of fact, these days when I go to a nice city of Brazil, I end up spending more time there for leisure cos of the steep decline in prices versus USD. Its mind blowing..how cheap it has become especially in my 2 fav cities..Curitiba and Port Alegre.

Well Uruguay is like WOW you better be loaded and it is not getting better. Full course dinner for two in Punta Del Este $100 USD. That is appetizers, main course and an excellent bottle of wine. Skip the wine and you can pull it off for $40 to $50 but how can you eat without the wine. What does that cost in Brazil?

Different cities/different prices.

But the cheapest I found were Porto alergre and Curitiba

The most expensive.. Saō Paulo, Rio, North of Brazil always on the expensive side near Amazon.

--

I always found Montevideo very expensive.. irrespective of how USd was impacting the world currencies.

Back