Brexit Wtf!

Yup most UK papers touting Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Czech republic as possible exiteers..but then again if you believe what you read today London and Scotland are going to merge as a new country and negotiate to stay in, Ireland is going to unite North and South...etc etc.. Quite frankly entertaining and riveting. Oh and Morgan Stanley just announced it´s pulling its UK merchant banking op to Dublin or Frankfurt, 2k jobs lost and nothing has even changed. Mass hysteria. You´d think Trump had been elected US president or something... B)

Boris Johnson is being mooted by some as the next Prime Minister. So in six months we could Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of the UK and Donald Trump as the President of the US. :huh:

Aides and advisors are going to be very busy in those two administrations.

Johnson is saying the UK still wants to be part of Europe in terms of discussing economy and policy, it just won't be part of the EU. I think he misses the fact that the UK is unlikely to be invited to the party anymore ... all the talk of employing a Norway-like model is blind hope.

Can´t see it. Boris is an agitator a la Michael Heseltine in Thatcher´s ousting - it will likely be a quiet man or woman who has played a quiet statesmanlike game. Personally I´d vote for Daniel Hannan just for being one of the best orators I´ve heard in a long while. Watching him tear Eddy Izzard a new asshole in the debates was most entertaining ..."hands up who isn´t for hope.., hands up who isn´t for humanity..". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIIdcUjl90

..Brexit for me is pro-globalization and a vote against a protectionist federal "little Europe"...

Globalisation is happening cultures are merging together and being lost (as if culture was ever a static thing anyway). Its an inescapable fact. We don't live in a perfect world but some paths are better to take than others. The EU is like FIFA bureaucratic and corrupt BUT it does bring countries together whatever the motive and is better than the alternative of nationalism which is just a manipulating ideology devised and promoted by the elite via the political class. Europe knows better than any other region that Nationalism is destructive. It inherently is not harmless and respectful. Ultimately we relate to other people because they are people and because of their personalities not because of their nationalities. Real respect and friendship recognize nationality as something superficial. Its fun for watching football matches and supporting 'your' team but really its just superficial nonsense. Messi represents and leads his country via football but if theres another Malvinas will he be expected to lead his fellow Argentines on the front line?! Why not..?How much mate did Messi sip today?? Ridiculous.

What is the status of UK expats residing in Spain, Portugal, etc. ?? and vice versa?

Been a resident in Italy for 9 years and business owner for 6 years, all as a British citizen, not sure what will happen next. Knowing Italy it will be a bureaucratic mess once things will need to get sorted out.

On top of it all we are Scottish - who knows if they will be trying for independence again after this result!

Fun times ahead!

Been a resident in Italy for 9 years and business owner for 6 years, all as a British citizen, not sure what will happen next. Knowing Italy it will be a bureaucratic mess once things will need to get sorted out.

On top of it all we are Scottish - who knows if they will be trying for independence again after this result!

Fun times ahead!

look for an Irish granny?

I'm not jumping for joy either (being currently in the UK, as one of those all-guilty EU migrants), but here's a silver lining.

I've had the privilege to witness the Czech-Slovak divorce in the early 90s. It was scary as hell. It was in fashion those days to start a bloody war wherever communism was falling and there were more than one nation. Freedom this, freedom that, you just feel like you're sitting on a warehouse full of dynamite and no one knows where that one spark might fly in from. Czechoslovakia held a referendum. There were way too many people who voted pro separation, despite being very open about their desire to stay together. They simply agreed to let them go in peace if they feel they want to, rather than ending up in another of the early 90's countless local wars, such as the Balkan conflicts or the break off of Soviet Union. The separation that followed was one of a kind in its hystorical context. More like a civilised divorce, it cost some more money, created some more useless burocracy and paperwork but overall, no end of the world. After no more than 5 years everyone agreed it was stupid and whatever, Czechs like beer and so do Slovaks.

I don't think it really matters now if they're right or wrong. What I appreciate is that all this can be done without blood. It's a privelege that goes unnoticed by many, it seems. Especially these days.

Been in Germany, people here are making fun of the way the referendum was managed, frankly i'm quite sure that if the referendum will be voted again the result will be the opposite, so many people didn't went to vote just because they were sure that the remain will win, even until yesterday night the diference in favor of remain was 5%, and many people vote on leave thinking that remain will win but wanting to show their unhappiness, now doesn’t matter, the result is there, but frankly quite stupid the way the debates where carry, the total disinformation campaign, make me think of argentina politics making it all look like a football game.

Been in Germany, people here are making fun of the way the referendum was managed, frankly i'm quite sure that if the referendum will be voted again the result will be the opposite,

Here a Brit saying, I voted out, but I want I voted in: http://www.standard....n-a3280361.html

62% of the Scottish people voted in. Also a majority of people on Northern Ireland prefer not to have a border on their island.
http://www.bbc.com/n...litics-36616028
The Scottish are now thinking about holding a new referendum about staying in the UK.

There is also a division in age groups, the majority of people under 45 voted in while the majority of people over 45 voted out. It is the revenge of the elder British, so the young generation does not forget about them when they are gone.

On to the next show in 0:28
https://www.youtube....h?v=ZtparSnQhFc

Back