Bringing A Sound Bar For My Tv

BankNote

Registered
Hi guys,

Ordered sound bar from my tv. Did not envisage it would be too long to pack in a 32" suitcase.

Now i have to display it and carry it in its original box via customs.

What kind of problems can I expect? will they ask me for duty? if so, how to negotiate for duty?

Thanks

Obtain the cheapest used golf bag you can find, pack your soundbar in the golf bag and load the bag up with other stuff too. One piece of checked luggage: golf bag.Or: http://www.ebags.com/product/golf-travel-bags/executive-3/40750?productid=394432&sourceid=ADWPRODUCT&couponid=94790994&gclid=CLLJyP3tyr8CFc07MgodWR4AlQ&kwid=productads-plaid%5E91392711018-sku%5E394432-adType%5EPLA-device%5Et-adid%5E50528064618

Obtain the cheapest used golf bag you can find, pack your soundbar in the golf bag and load the bag up with other stuff too. One piece of checked luggage: golf bag.Or: http://www.ebags.com/product/golf-travel-bags/executive-3/40750?productid=394432&sourceid=ADWPRODUCT&couponid=94790994&gclid=CLLJyP3tyr8CFc07MgodWR4AlQ&kwid=productads-plaid%5E91392711018-sku%5E394432-adType%5EPLA-device%5Et-adid%5E50528064618

Right! Scanproof?
If you try to hide it, then you contraband it. 4 years and 8 months jail up to 12.

Right! Scanproof?
If you try to hide it, then you contraband it. 4 years and 8 months jail up to 12.
That is funny, hiding what? Brought a sound bar to Argentina and packed it as I described, in a golf bag. Customs scanned it and amazingly, they seen it and waived me through. Concealing what, only safe way to transport. Dah. Hell, declare it on the customs declaration form and you are good to go. The thing is probably worth less than $300.00 anyway. Plus, when was the last time anyone at customs looks at the form? Quit trying to scare people with BS.

Brought mine down in May in that exact same golf bag. Jaja. (packed around it with new diapers, sheets and protein bars)

The invoice is HTML, right? Pretty simple to make the price whatever you want under $300 even if you paid more... (Not that they would even ask to see it.)

That is funny, hiding what? Brought a sound bar to Argentina and packed it as I described, in a golf bag. Customs scanned it and amazingly, they seen it and waived me through. Concealing what, only safe way to transport. Dah. Hell, declare it on the customs declaration form and you are good to go. The thing is probably worth less than $300.00 anyway. Plus, when was the last time anyone at customs looks at the form? Quit trying to scare people with BS.

It is not bs, it is the law.
They did look at my form when i Came from NYC. I did declare the new i phone and being a couple and 7 babies i was allowed to bring 900 usd tax free.
You can never hide things or you make contraband. Then you cannot say "i didn t know".
So, i m not scaring anybody, just explaining how it should not be done.

Guys, I had a Sonos sound bar which is worth 700 usd.

It was so nicely packed in its box that did not dare to take it out and try to put in a suitcase or a golf bag.

Just checked it normally on United. 150 usd excess luggage as I already had 2 other checked in luggages. It was extremely long and not possible to carry it in hand luggage

Arrived at EZE and just walked in through the conveyor belt. I told the customs guy its for my personal use and I will take it back to USA when I leave the country. This was true as I bought it for myself and not for sale.

I had with me 7000 pesos which I took from BA for any customs duty, if I am made to pay for!

Back