Bringing Car Into The Country

I've done this, not once but 3 times. an absolute nightmare.
This took place almost 20 yeas ago when there was ''no restrictions'' by today's standards.
Locating replacements parts was impossible, so it was easier to ship them from the US ,but it was at the time of the 1 to 1 exchange and parcels and packages actually arrived here even if it was late, you always got your stuff.
At the time there was money to be made if you did your homework, these days i would just bring the wad of cash to buy a vehicle here with almost no imported components due to the reality we face today in Argentina

I've done this, not once but 3 times. an absolute nightmare.
This took place almost 20 yeas ago when there was ''no restrictions'' by today's standards.
Locating replacements parts was impossible, so it was easier to ship them from the US ,but it was at the time of the 1 to 1 exchange and parcels and packages actually arrived here even if it was late, you always got your stuff.
At the time there was money to be made if you did your homework, these days i would just bring the wad of cash to buy a vehicle here with almost no imported components due to the reality we face today in Argentina

I bring my Chilean car (Suzuki SUV) into Argentina every summer, but I always worry about getting spare parts if I should have mechanical problems.

Get in touch with the BBC Top Gear, they can tell you exactly how not to import cars into Argentina.

I brought my Ferrari here, no problem. I was told it would be trickier for my helicopter though.
You must bring the copter in on the flight deck of your boat. Everybody knows this silly boy.

Reactions: ben
Back