British Food & Drink

ginger beer, breakfast cereals (low in sugar), yoghurts, another yeah for newcastle brown (but wouldnt say no to trying a few artesan beers either).

TheJag said:
Dundee Orange marmalade.

That is all.

There's a farm in Colonia where I get a home-made orange marmalade very similar to Dundee. It is made from locally grown bitter oranges and sugar - nothing else. I could bring some if you want - the last jar I bought was something like three dollars.

Evaporated milk, can't get it here....
Tea! PG tips or Tetley, The Twinings here is inferior quality and the bags break!!!
Highlights or options hot chocolate sachets (esp. white chocolate
A decent curry powder, Sharwoods or the like.
Marmite
Pataks's lime pickle and aubergine pickle
Monster Munch, any crisps or tortilla chips
Mr. Kipling's french fancies etc..
London Pride, Worthington and any british beers

God, how desperate do I sound!!!!

Anyone who could provide proper tea in good tea bags for a reasonable price and crisps with some flavour on them would do really well!

I also agree with the person who said curry powder. It’s amazing how you take such basic supermarket products for granted!

Celia said:
Evaporated milk, can't get it here....

There's definitely evaporated milk. I use it to make torta de tres leches, unless British evaporated milk is different. I'm sure I bought it at the Carrefour or Disco.

Alzinho said:
Good call!
Still never found natural yoghurt here. In fact never found a yoghurt that wasn't 50% sugar.

Well, you're going to have to come up here to Palermo! ;) You can pick up your veg at the same time. There is wonderful natural no sugar added yogurt at the diatetica on Malabia between Charcas & Guemes. Mirasol I think it's called.

SaraSara said:
What is artisan food?

food products made by small producers as opposed the huge companies.

yummy thread !

We run a care package company serving BA expats and study abroad students. We make homemade US treats fresh to order including: carrot cake, banana bread, brownies, blondies, bagels, cream cheese and chicken soup. We also sell hot sauce, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix and more US faves.
If you are interested then visit Send Love BA for the deets.

We'd love to hook up with the British importers too so feel free to message!

madi said:
yummy thread !

We run a care package company serving BA expats and study abroad students. We make homemade US treats fresh to order including: carrot cake, banana bread, brownies, blondies, bagels, cream cheese and chicken soup. We also sell hot sauce, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix and more US faves.
If you are interested then visit Send Love BA for the deets.

We'd love to hook up with the British importers too so feel free to message!

How cute! Do the packages come for the US? How long do they take to get here & what's the deal with customs? Or wait.... I've been reading your site: Are the goodies made in BA? Confused.

Back