Brutally Beaten in Recoleta

pandulf.ironhead said:
In Argentina you're not likely to get assaulted by old ladies in Recoleta, Recoleta older men in English suits, or blond haired blue-eyed teenagers of German descent. More likely than not your assailants are going to be young and brown, with certain kinds of clothes and body language, and people better be wise to that.

Very true, although I am way more afraid of German People than Brown People, but luckily I can say that about Krauts and we can all have a laugh without fearing losing our jobs in the future or in Europe.

pandulf.ironhead said:
Anyway, you might want to look into some pepper spray or something as a means of self-defense.
So should I spray everyone who asks me for a smoke or only the archetypical lad?

Hey People, nosing in here cause something that kind of alarmed me.

Don't ever judge someone based on their skin. And making a comment about someone for being from West Africa. Yes it's an opinion, but (with total respect to you as I have no idea who you are) seems to be delivered in bad form.
This person was talking about a robbery experience, and I'm baffled as to how some one from Africa was dragged into this conversation, and refereed to " One of those People". Purely because of where they are from, And or the color of skin..
I hope this is does not offend, but is delivered with a total understanding and respect for other cultures and beliefs.

I am an example of always saying something incorrect or with bad taste at the wrong time, and this might be one of those moments....
All the best.

I am so sorry that happened to you. Its sad really. I hope you heal well!

“Bloody Bloo”:
There is nothing ‘libertarian’ about your desire to keep this or any community ignorant of what kind of criminal to look out for. You’re not helping a community to stay safe and avert or deter crime by wanting to hide from people a fact about a dangerous attack upon one of its members. You’re promoting self-censorship, claiming that yours is the popular view, and telling people that they must conform with a claimed but unidentified “majority” so long as what your ‘majority’ thinks helps you to suppress the fact that these kids were brown. Discussing is about informing, not erasing information. You’re also patronizing brown people by presuming that they don’t need to know what bad kids in their community have done. You’re dismissing their sense of responsibility towards who their children might be hanging out with. To me, thinking that brown people shouldn’t know something that must concern them as adults and parents is elitist and racist.
“You have to be more careful in how you depict” something, you say. I disagree. You can’t “depict” or spin the truth, scratch out some of it or embellish it. Truth can only be stated. Matt’s not leaving out the fact of colour makes his warning useful because it’s specific. To protect ourselves, we need to know where, who, when, why and how. If the culprit had been an American, would you have left that identifier out so as not make Americans look bad? What if 3 separate attacks had been perpetrated by Americans in Recoleta in the past 2 weeks? Matt has every right to fully describe the attack upon him. Had he been able to snap the thieves’ picture and posted it here, would you also want that photo self-censored because the kid-thieves were visibly brown? Had the attackers been white portenos, would posting their photos be discriminatory against whites? If not, why not? I’d love to know your answer. If yes, tell us what is wrong with letting the community see photos of criminals who may attack also others of us.
Verbal warnings that give a full true picture are just a form of informing like photos. I think it’s utterly right-wing to suggest that some info about a criminal should be given only to the police. You won’t change the underlying causes of street theft as you know them by withholding from the public, our society, the appearance of someone who has attacked one of us in the street. An uninformed society cannot change anything. Your proposals all support mind control, not libertarianism. As you say, this is an ‘open’ community. Help us to keep it that way.

Sockhopper said:
I think it’s utterly right-wing to suggest that some info about a criminal should be given only to the police.

You were making a lot of sense until you added this.

bloody_bloo said:
Ironhead? Seems to fit.

Just my point...you're a typical dimwit ignoramus who never read a real book in his life but who thinks parroting PC pabulum you heard in your sociology course, public radio, and on TV after-school specials is what makes you smart. Try reading history for a change. If that's too much of a challenge for you, wikipedia can clear up your ignorance in this case...Ironhead (Capodiferro) is nothing to be ashamed of in Italian history.

I'm glad I went to Argentina where the people have enough common sense to ignore finger-wagging blowhards like you and tired charges of "racism."

Thanks to the great advice on this thread I'm now avoiding crime and enjoying my time in Buenos Aires so much more! Today I was in the express lane at Coto when I glanced behind and saw a brown youngster. I looked down into his basket and counted 16 items! Obviously he wasn't shopping, it was just a ruse to rob me when I had my money out! I picked up the 2,5 L Pritty Limon and pummelled him in the stomach before glassing him with a broken bottle of Salsa Inglesa as he lay by the cleaning products aisle. A youngish brown man approached in a Coto outfit and I managed to stun him enough to make a getaway. Initially I threw aji molido in his eyes - but this didn't affect him (damn brownies like it spicy!) so I reached behind and gave him a good going over with Mr Musculo (the Destructor Suciedades Dificiles trigger bottle - it really works!) - that finished him good.

As I walked home listening to Micky Vainilla's 'Es una cuestión de piel' on my iPhone another brown youngster walked past me and gave me a sideways glance. As I turned he kept going but it was obvious he was going to round the block, run ahead and mug me so to circumvent this I defended myself. By the 6th taser he was spasmodically rolling on the ground in the blood left by his severed tongue, I had no charge left but luckily had my portable USB taser charger (works with iPhone too) on hand so I could deliver a further 6 payloads to his nervous system as there was a look in his eye (the one still inside his skull) that said I'm going to get up and wallop you.

Thanks again, it's now so easy to spot criminals intent on beating and robbing me.

^ HA! The only worthwhile post in this whole thread, IMHO :D

orwellian said:
Why do you want to risk your life attacking the robbers? Just give them what they ask for and walk away.

Seriously? If the poor kids pointed a gun at me, I would be compliant. I have a healthy respect for guns... But if a group of "kids" attacked me at 3am and nobody was around to help me, I would do everything to do as much harm to them as possible. Is it illegal? Maybe, but I would rather defend myself and break the law than accept a beating or risk getting killed.

Rad said:
Seriously? If the poor kids pointed a gun at me, I would be compliant. I have a healthy respect for guns... But if a group of "kids" attacked me at 3am and nobody was around to help me, I would do everything to do as much harm to them as possible. Is it illegal? Maybe, but I would rather defend myself and break the law than accept a beating or risk getting killed.

The more compliant you are the less risk you have for being beaten up or killed IMO.
I never carry more than a few hundred pesos with me so it's never a big loss.

Back