Budgeting for raising two children in a small pueblo

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, on the other side of things - If you are giving the mother of your children $4K per month, you must be able to afford it?

I don't even know what to say???

Most people I know in Argentina are getting by with a total monthly household income 25% of the number you are mentioning. (Even less in some cases.)

Right but I mean, is it really relevant whether I can afford it or not? If I were Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates, I could afford to spend $100 million a month on my children. But would I want to?

Here the issue is, I don't know how you spend $4000 on children in a small town. But even if it were possible, is it really a good idea? Is that what is best for my kids, to have them live at 4x the budget of a normal family in Argentina?

I have asked her if she can explain the budgeting

what is her answer to this question?

she says she isn't buying gucci bags but then what does she say the money goes to?

It is called , ''pluck the gringo'', i think you've been had, sorry to hear about that, now the kids can become hostages if you ever run out of money.
No one makes 2 grand a month in a small town and yet they manage, i would plan an exit strategy ...

Surely you're bullshitting Fiscal?

Come on, we all like your various questions because at least they do help to provide infromation on potential problems that may arise here. I am sorry for doubting you but your problem sounds scripted. I mean, if it is true, do you really need us to tell you that $4K per month is too much to be giving your wife in a country where the average salary is maybe not even a quarter of that? Do you need us to tell you how much should be enough, or maybe your lawyer would be better?

Presumably the girlfriend is the same woman who left you in Peru all those months ago, and who at one stage you wanted avoid by orchestrating your eventual flight back to Argentina in such as way that you would be rejected at the immigration gate and sent back to Peru (which you ultimately managed to achieve)?

Surely you're bullshitting Fiscal?

Come on, we all like your various questions because at least they do help to provide infromation on potential problems that may arise here. I am sorry for doubting you but your problem sounds scripted. I mean, if it is true, do you really need us to tell you that $4K per month is too much to be giving your wife in a country where the average salary is maybe not even a quarter of that? Do you need us to tell you how much should be enough, or maybe your lawyer would be better?

I am not bullshitting. Look, everyone knows my damn story from day 1 if you look at my post history. I had a long conversation with my gf. She insists $4k was necessary one month because she needed furniture, another month to fix the house, etc... I don't come from a place where people, especially the mother of your kids, would try and "cheat you" and her mom seems like a really nice person. So I trust them. But yeah, I do feel like I am an idiot.

Right but I mean, is it really relevant whether I can afford it or not? If I were Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates, I could afford to spend $100 million a month on my children. But would I want to?

Here the issue is, I don't know how you spend $4000 on children in a small town. But even if it were possible, is it really a good idea? Is that what is best for my kids, to have them live at 4x the budget of a normal family in Argentina?
Agree - Just because you can afford it, does not necessarily make it right.

Case in point: Bezos or Gates could afford to buy an ice cream cone priced at $100K, but it is a much better value when they pay a $2 or so like the rest of us mere mortals.

A decent life can be had for about $1,000.00 USD a month in Argentina. But your girlfriend would have to roll up her sleeves.

Presumably the girlfriend is the same woman who left you in Peru all those months ago, and who at one stage you wanted avoid by orchestrating your eventual flight back to Argentina in such as way that you would be rejected at the immigration gate and sent back to Peru (which you ultimately managed to achieve)?
yes lol.

I am not bullshitting. Look, everyone knows my damn story from day 1 if you look at my post history. I had a long conversation with my gf. She insists $4k was necessary one month because she needed furniture, another month to fix the house, etc... I don't come from a place where people, especially the mother of your kids, would try and "cheat you" and her mom seems like a really nice person. So I trust them. But yeah, I do feel like I am an idiot.
Fiscal,

If you or someone like you were not there to supply that amount of money each month, it is my very best guess they would manage on quite a bit less each month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back