Budgeting for raising two children in a small pueblo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give my girlfriend $2000 cash each month (what she said she needed to raise two children). She also has a credit card on which she spends $1000-$2000 a month. So in total, she spends about $3000-$4000 a month.

I have asked her if she can explain the budgeting, because I find it difficult to understand how someone spends $4,000 in a small town in Argentina. I also don't even know who makes that kind of money per month in Argentina. I asked my mother in law what is an extremely high salary here, and she said a judge makes about $1 million pesos (so around $6000-$7000 a month US?).

I'm just kind of confused, and not sure whether I should conclude I am an idiot for giving my girlfriend $4,000 a month to spend in a small town in Argentina, or I am being "cheap" for even doubting her and the costs of raising two kids here.
She is earning considerably more than the president of the República .... :

1620665513154.png

It is certainly possible to spend here 4000 USD for a family per month, at least in Capital. But that would include many expenses that you don't seem to have (private medicare, private school, cars etc).

Just the fact that you are asking the question means that you basically already know the answer. I am not a counsellor or something, but how do you manage to live together with them (not only with your GF, but also mother in law and family) knowing that they take advantage of you?

She is earning considerably more than the president of the República .... :

View attachment 7731

It is certainly possible to spend here 4000 USD for a family per month, at least in Capital. But that would include many expenses that you don't seem to have (private medicare, private school, cars etc).

Just the fact that you are asking the question means that you basically already know the answer. I am not a counsellor or something, but how do you manage to live together with them (not only with your GF, but also mother in law and family) knowing that they take advantage of you?
My guess is that because he wants to have contact with his children.

What I find troubling is that these people seem to have no shame with what they are doing to this poor guy.

As a disinterested third party, it appears that this woman and her family are taking advantage of Fiscal. Possibly even more distressing is that Fiscal is letting it happen.

I think you already know the answer to your question fiscal. I enjoy your posts as much as the next guy, but come on dude...this almost feels like trolling.

Your girlfriend has around the clock nannies and maids, yet doesn't work. Most would call that a luxury, not a necessity. You're giving her 4k to 10k a month to raise 2 kids in small town Santa Fe?

Unless you're living in San Isidro, sending your kids to the most expensive private schools, health insurance, expensive meals out and so on, how the hell does anyone run through 10k a month here not even counting rent? Especially during COVID times.

They complain when you order some extra take out food for the help? I don't want to make any judgements without knowing your in-laws, but that doesn't give me the best impression of them.

Tell her you had a rough month of finances and you need to cut back.

To answer your question,,I'd say 2k would be generous

8A2FE009-0C81-466B-ACFD-940E7D8107D9.jpeg
US$4000, per month? ARS 600.000+?
Please tell us you have never actually been to Argentina before.

Last edited:
I know of one case where the couple with one child in a similar situation. She lives in a very nice suburb. During their divorce it was agreed that he will give her $400/month plus occaisional help with school tuition and unusual expenses. She has begun working as a psychologist so that provides her with some additional income. Also she has taken a roomate into her house to help with the expenses. She has no help in the house but by carefully managing her finances she provides a nice home for their son with private school, tennis lessons, judo lessons, etc.
I'm looking forward to hearing about the next situation that Fiscal gets himself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back