Budgeting for raising two children in a small pueblo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, though my questions are more about what is reasonable. It's a free country so people can write what they want, but I am not interested in this thread on commentary about my romantic life!
lol dude.. Can I ask which small town you live in - I might have to visit you and knock some sense into you (in a nice way). 4k per month is ridiculous - the MAX required considering rent is only $100 is 1k per month. I know you don't want relationship advice but from one man to another you have got yourself in a world of shit my friend - you are supposed to be careful who you stick your magic stick in. Now you have 2 kids with a woman who clearly doesn't value your time or money. Emotions can be so strong that you fail to see the reality of your situation which is unfortunate - I would like to help you because its clear you are being taken advantage of (unless you don't mind but it seems like you do). Do me a favour and promise not to make a 3rd child with this woman - is there any doubt the other 2 are yours (sorry if its offensive question but this womans behaviour is not acceptable).

I simply don't believe any of this. Unless your income is just given to you in a trust fund or some other way, I find it hard to believe that anyone who has put themselves in a position to be able to afford to give away 4k a month for someone to raise a kid in a small Argentine town, would actually be dumb enough to do it. Especially if said person actually lives there and knows the cost of living.

Stop feeding the troll people

I simply don't believe any of this. Unless your income is just given to you in a trust fund or some other way, I find it hard to believe that anyone who has put themselves in a position to be able to afford to give away 4k a month for someone to raise a kid in a small Argentine town, would actually be dumb enough to do it. Especially if said person actually lives there and knows the cost of living.

I thought the same but the saying is true 'love is blind'. And Fiscal has been posting here a while about his love woes.. As usual anything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt - I really hope he is a troll and the story is not true. The 3 nannies is a classic I have never heard before - although they are popular here 3 seems excessive lol.

I thought the same but the saying is true 'love is blind'. And Fiscal has been posting here a while about his love woes.. As usual anything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt - I really hope he is a troll and the story is not true. The 3 nannies is a classic I have never heard before - although they are popular here 3 seems excessive lol.

Fiscal is one of my favorite posters because of all the crazy situations he gets himself into and his witty one liner come backs to folks who give him shit.

If he's creative enough to make up all these posts out of whole cloth, god bless him, but I do believe his posts to be true.

No chance on earth this guy is a 'troll.' I agree that Fiscal is sort of a dummy, but almost everyone I know makes enough money to fork over $4k/month to their girlfriend to raise some kids (if they have any), so that's no evidence at all. The money is less important than keeping her happy, as usual. This is just some American working remotely making normal US income but living in Argentina, definitely not a stretch to imagine someone perfectly capable of doing some random job online all day long, who also happens being ensorcelled by some Argentine babe to the extent that he's handing over to her a few grand a month, and getting run through the ringer like this poor bastard has been. Not sure what your problem is in getting that, seems actually more normal than not for foreigners coming to Argentina.

Also, recall that this is the same guy who was stuck in Peru for months after they got caught there when covid hit, and then had his wife ditch him and zip back to Argentina with the kid(s), leaving him to try to find a way back to Argentina, at which point he had this 'dark night of the soul' moment wherein he sort of wondered if he wouldn't be better off just going back home to America and dropping the whole project. I guess he realized what an Argentine tootsie scorned could do, because he went ahead and returned to Argentina, I guess this time to his wife's crappy hometown instead of some great flat in Buenos Aires where anyone with any sense would live.

Last edited:
Upon further thinking, it came to mind the case of a dear friend who had a baby to a man she dated for some time. He then moved abroad as was offered a job. He was paying for his child's school, food etc, and was giving her about 500usd monthly up until a couple of years ago. This sounds like enough, reasonable, etc. Only when I learned that he had a 2 million per year contract it hit me that he was being cheap, and that obviously he did not care about giving his daughter the same lifestyle he enjoyed. You see, everybody thought the mother was being unreasonable and maybe jealous of his partners, etc, when in reality she was right about him being cheap!. So 4k, 200$ or other is reasonable or enough, it depends on the context. You have only mentioned the small town, her lifestyle, etc but have not mentioned anything about yours, so your question is very catchy.

Upon further thinking, it came to mind the case of a dear friend who had a baby to a man she dated for some time. He then moved abroad as was offered a job. He was paying for his child's school, food etc, and was giving her about 500usd monthly up until a couple of years ago. This sounds like enough, reasonable, etc. Only when I learned that he had a 2 million per year contract it hit me that he was being cheap, and that obviously he did not care about giving his daughter the same lifestyle he enjoyed. You see, everybody thought the mother was being unreasonable and maybe jealous of his partners, etc, when in reality she was right about him being cheap!. So 4k, 200$ or other is reasonable or enough, it depends on the context. You have only mentioned the small town, her lifestyle, etc but have not mentioned anything about yours, so your question is very catchy.

I get your point but there is a difference between 500 dollars and 3000-4000 dollars per month. Fiscal doesnt sound intelligent or savvy enough to be earning 2 million a year. Very few of us are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back