Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

An aside (I know David's problem is very real and important for him and it would be for me to).

If we want to talk about corruption and people shrugging their shoulders with indifference, how about the illegal US invasions --bombing in the name of freedom, included-- that have all been mentioned many times on this forum.

I just think about that everytime I want to start to complain about ineffiecient or corrupt gov officials. Can't hardly get any more shameful than the last "president" of the US.

David, I see a bunch of wineries in San Telmo, an historic area. Is a candyshop going to be harmful???

Best of the best good luck!

So today yet another so called "inspector" comes to my shop with a pile of papers for me to sign. One stated that there was an "error" in the case number it was listed by the inspector who tried to shut me down as 3-307227 and it is actually 307226, so that was one page then a bunch of other junk stating the same thing over and over in different words. The inspector demanded that I sign these papers to which I refused, he got kind of angry and raised his tone of voice but saw I wasn´t signing anything, so he left. He came back about 15 minutes later with a glue stick and pasted all the papers to the windows of my shop. Which of course I tore down immediately. Still waiting for the police and army to come and drag me out of my candyshop. At this point I expect them to shoot me down since I have committed such a heinous crime, so fellow expats, expecting the worst, if you hear I have been executed by the police or army, it´s been nice knowing all of you.

Davidglen77 said:
he got kind of angry and raised his tone of voice but saw I wasn´t signing anything, so he left. He came back about 15 minutes later with a glue stick and pasted all the papers to the windows of my shop. Which of course I tore down immediately.

It is good that you are not giving into the intimidation tactics. My 2 cents says that he would not have to raise his voice with you or wallpaper your store if he was in the right.

si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sicut ibi

David, you are a braver man than I!!!!!

May I suggest painting half your face in blue paint and screaming 'freeeeeeedom' the next time they come in!!

I would suggest you call back the people you called last week with the new number. What is it they say is the problem?

mini said:
I would suggest you call back the people you called last week with the new number. What is it they say is the problem?

They are saying that the type of business I have is not allowed in a historic zone. Av. Triunvirato is in no way shape or form a historic zone. Furthermore I verified with the Gobierno de la ciudad de Buenos Aires that Av. Triunvirato is zona C3 which allows ANY TYPE of retail business, the only type of business that is NOT allowed around here is manufacturing or warehouses. So it's totally their error but they have the f___ing nerve to try and shut my business down for a lie/error/incompetence on their part.

Davidglen77 said:
They are saying that the type of business I have is not allowed in a historic zone. Av. Triunvirato is in no way shape or form a historic zone. Furthermore I verified with the Gobierno de la ciudad de Buenos Aires that Av. Triunvirato is zona C3 which allows ANY TYPE of retail business, the only type of business that is NOT allowed around here is manufacturing or warehouses. So it's totally their error but they have the f___ing nerve to try and shut my business down for a lie/error/incompetence on their part.
On top of that idiotic argument, to open up any business it is the City who approves the " Habilitacion "... what about that? I think that at this point you will benefit with a lawyer.

Back