Buquebus - beware

All i get from this thread is: I did not pay attention, I hit my head, now i want someone else to pay me.

Talking about European Standards, i have not once met a person or company in Europe that would compensate you for your own mistake..

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']NOOOOOOOO we have been through this enough! No one is ever going to agree. Just stop it already.[/QUOTE]

Where do you suggest I read up on this? I'm newly returning to these threads.

I've been in the habit of following the (Argentine?) convention of calling all the inhabitants of "The Americas" Americans taking my lead from La Novia Portena.

did this in the UK in front of my brother who is Canadian (as well as British having emigrated eons ago) and he went totally bonkers! Definitely doesnt consider himself "American". Hardly spoken for two years as a result!

So I guess I wont be doing that again in his earshot.

I guess I'd get the same reaction if I called a Falkland Islander an American but dont know any to ask. There are presumably worse things to be called.

Where does this ridiculous "Kelper" thing come from? sounds to me to be prejorative like Argie or even "Argie Bargy" although have seen an explanation of the latter which hasnt anything to do with what one might think.

BTW I'm British and English (with some Welsh and Irish in the genes) and proud also to be European - and tolerate "Americans" talking about England when they mean Britain because its probably just ignorance

PhilinBSAS said:
BTW I'm British and English (with some Welsh and Irish in the genes) and proud also to be European - and tolerate "Americans" talking about England when they mean Britain because its probably just ignorance

I appreciate your tolerance and likewise, being from Texas in the South of the States, tolerate Brits calling me "Yank" :)

Napoleon said:
I'm amazed that Buquebus responded to the email. That's pretty amazing right there.

And I was think, since Christopher Columbus "discovered" American and not Amerigo Vespucci, aren't we all really "Colombians"?

;-p

Since Chris changed his name aren't we all actually Colonics? :eek:

You're the type of person that would cross an avenue when the light is green and then sue the city, the light manufacturer and the car that ran you over.

Get over yourself. Free tickets because you hit your head? Go call a soap company claiming they didn't make foam so you can get a free box.

BTW buquebus is a uruguayan company and planes all over the world have small doors too.

ElQueso said:
I appreciate your tolerance and likewise, being from Texas in the South of the States, tolerate Brits calling me "Yank" :)
;-)

yep I've been called "el yanquis" as well!

Beware of what? Doors, or walls? Maybe we should just bubble wrap everything.

Suggestion: Try at least a little "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" and watch when you're walking through ANY door!

Now, here's a guy that can not even see that he is going to hit his head on a bulkhead door frame. He hits HIS head when he should be paying attention to what he is doing. He NOT ONLY blames the company but THEN wants FURTHER Government CONTROL and regulations?

True freedom is being responsible for YOURSELF and advancing from your wise decisions or suffering from your 'not so wise' ones.... MORE GOVERNMENT is what NONE of us need!

Patrick Newton said:
I travelled to Colonia by Buquebus last week in order to renew my tourist visa.
When I returned to the ship at Colonia late afternoon, I hit my head very hard on the top of the doorway as I went on board. I felt very dizzy and the staff kindly gave me some ice for the bruising. I rested for the entire journey.

I saw the First Officer of the ship and complained to him that there was no sign warning people of the height of the doorway nor a sign above the door. He agreed with me that there should be some warning notice and admitted that it had happened before. I completed a report stating what had taken place.

I was unable to work next day because I had a bad headache. I wrote to Buquebus by email and received a response from them ([email protected])
thanking me for my report and I quote "Your claim has been registered and the area will continue to improve for the benefit of the users", signed by Ana Kohlschreiber. There was no offer of either a refund or some form of compensation like a pair of tickets on Buquebus. This was a dangerous situation and highlights the appalling level of health and safety standards here in Argentina. This sort of thing would never happen in the UK or America.

Despite registering my disapproval of their response, I have not yet heard from them further.

Patrick Newton

This sort of thing could happen literally anywhere in the world......and the fact you expect a refund is quite funny! Common sense practice should not require a warning sign!

I'm amazed you even made it to the doorway of the Buquebus with all the broken sidewalks and lack of "slippery when wet" signs on the road! :eek: You're quite the survivor! Argentina certainly isn't for the faint of heart. ;)

Back