Buses In B.a.

Don't mean to rain on the bus/subtle parade and I agree they are a great deal and comprehensive in their coverage of the city.however do mind your pockets, purses or backpacks well when using them. I personally know of three cases of women having been robbed of their wallets --unbeknownst to them until getting off the bus. In the subte it's happened before she even boarded the train..IMHO buses are safer than the subte, but the subte trumps all for speed of arrival.
I think the public transport system in concept in BA is exemplary. But I wonder sometimes about the positive ravings and if those that are raving wear purses or not! Please mind your purses/backpacks especially in the subte.

I think public transport here is far from exemplary but I wouldn't rate petty theft as one of the reasons why.

Rudolfo, my whole point is I think women have a different experience with regard to that kind of crime because we carry an external target--our purses, and so I suspect are more frequently targeted. But just my thought is all.

I agree with lacoqueta when i go out out i even leave my wallet at home on many occasions like at night. I'm going to Caballito to see an Iranian filmm at BAFICI film fest and will only take subre, id and small money and my ticket nada mas!

HI everyone, we are new to BA and have no car, so we are getting around by train and bus pretty well. We have two kids trying out the speedy buses. We cannot afford to take a remise everywhere but on occasions will do so if safety requires it.

New to the suburbs we have to go to Martinez, near the golf club, and Boulogne to pick up our children after birthday parties at 7pm this Friday. We live in Vincente Lopez. We do not know these suburbs and the buses will get us there, but about 5+ blocks of walking at each location will be needed. We are alert and aware when out, but haven't been out much after dark yet.

Any advice? On walking 5 blocks in these suburbs and areas and whether bus travel will be safe enough with two kids in tow?

Thanks in advance

Rudolfo, my whole point is I think women have a different experience with regard to that kind of crime because we carry an external target--our purses, and so I suspect are more frequently targeted. But just my thought is all.
A lot of men carry purses these days :=) including me.

T/

HI everyone, we are new to BA and have no car, so we are getting around by train and bus pretty well. We have two kids trying out the speedy buses. We cannot afford to take a remise everywhere but on occasions will do so if safety requires it.

New to the suburbs we have to go to Martinez, near the golf club, and Boulogne to pick up our children after birthday parties at 7pm this Friday. We live in Vincente Lopez. We do not know these suburbs and the buses will get us there, but about 5+ blocks of walking at each location will be needed. We are alert and aware when out, but haven't been out much after dark yet.

Any advice? On walking 5 blocks in these suburbs and areas and whether bus travel will be safe enough with two kids in tow?

Thanks in advance
I don't live in the burbs but I can't imagine any reason to worry. Use usual caution.

T/

My cousins live in Vicente Lopez and when they're daughter returned home from work at her old job at 10pm every night, her parents would pick her up with the car at the bus stop only three blocks from home. A short taxi ride is worth the money when it comes to your safety.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 3
MilHojas Expat Life 2
J Expat Life 2
Joe Expat Life 11
T Culture 38
Back