Business Partner Wanted for new (licensed – upscale) Vegetarian Cafe Bar

Thecontractman

Registered
Hello,
Very exciting business proposal just waiting the right Argentine restaurateur and business partner. Or Expat with CUIT, DNI, Ingresos Brutos, certificado de domicilio and fluent Spanish etc.

I am in the process of opening a new upscale fully licensed vegetarian restaurant. I would like to base it on a healthy eating style café but the interior with be simple and fresh giving Vegetarianism a new look in Buenos Aires.

I have fully researched and searched Palermo, looking for the best locations taking into account high turnover objectives and ROI, and am excited to say I have found one! The restaurant itself needs little work, and with a few interior changes is ready to serve.

I am looking for an Argentine business partner (or Expat as described above) for two reasons. Firstly, I feel it’s important to have a social and cultural awareness of the people I want to visit the restaurant. Secondly, I am an expat living in Buenos Aires and have been for over a year now. Due to the complexity of the starting a restaurant in Buenos Aires, I need someone who already has good knowledge of what needs to be done and how it is possible.

I am looking for a partner and restaurateur who has the following attributes and qualifications:

·degree educated
·owns an Argentine national or dual Argentine Passport. (or Expat as described above)
·owns a property in BsAs, has access to garantia – this is at no risk to you as the entire rent (or purchase) for the restaurant can be paid up front
·has a proven and successful business / entrepreneurial background in BsAs or elsewhere preferably as a restaurateur or bar, hotel owner.
·has an in-depth knowledge of the complexities, red tape and who knows the business processes and practices involved in opening and actually keeping a business up running successfully here in BsAs.
·Has traveled widely and are acutely aware and knowledgeable of European high standards of service and top quality fresh innovative products - think Parisian, London, and Mediterranean.
·a hard working and puritanical contemporary worth ethic
·a natural interest in healthy fine dining.
·an eye for good clean design (shabby chic arty clean in this case)
·Knowledge of contemporary marketing.
·Access to around $50K USD cash for your buy in and start up costs. But this can be discussed.
·Sense of humour and charismatic

Please respond with CV and cover letter highlighting why you think you fit this particular glove. To - paul(at)vegetarianabuenosaires.com

Thecontractman said:
Hello,
Very exciting business proposal just waiting the right Argentine restaurateur and business partner. Or Expat with CUIT, DNI, Ingresos Brutos, certificado de domicilio and fluent Spanish etc.

I am in the process of opening a new upscale fully licensed vegetarian restaurant. I would like to base it on a healthy eating style café but the interior with be simple and fresh giving Vegetarianism a new look in Buenos Aires.

I have fully researched and searched Palermo, looking for the best locations taking into account high turnover objectives and ROI, and am excited to say I have found one! The restaurant itself needs little work, and with a few interior changes is ready to serve.

I am looking for an Argentine business partner (or Expat as described above) for two reasons. Firstly, I feel it’s important to have a social and cultural awareness of the people I want to visit the restaurant. Secondly, I am an expat living in Buenos Aires and have been for over a year now. Due to the complexity of the starting a restaurant in Buenos Aires, I need someone who already has good knowledge of what needs to be done and how it is possible.

I am looking for a partner and restaurateur who has the following attributes and qualifications:

·degree educated
·owns an Argentine national or dual Argentine Passport. (or Expat as described above)
·owns a property in BsAs, has access to garantia – this is at no risk to you as the entire rent (or purchase) for the restaurant can be paid up front
·has a proven and successful business / entrepreneurial background in BsAs or elsewhere preferably as a restaurateur or bar, hotel owner.
·has an in-depth knowledge of the complexities, red tape and who knows the business processes and practices involved in opening and actually keeping a business up running successfully here in BsAs.
·Has traveled widely and are acutely aware and knowledgeable of European high standards of service and top quality fresh innovative products - think Parisian, London, and Mediterranean.
·a hard working and puritanical contemporary worth ethic
·a natural interest in healthy fine dining.
·an eye for good clean design (shabby chic arty clean in this case)
·Knowledge of contemporary marketing.
·Access to around $50K USD cash for your buy in and start up costs. But this can be discussed.
·Sense of humour and charismatic

Please respond with CV and cover letter highlighting why you think you fit this particular glove. To - paul(at)vegetarianabuenosaires.com

Hi Paul,

I have several questions.

Have you ever actually owned or operated a restaurant before?

Are you really in the process of opening this restaurant (and in need of additional cash and expertise) or are you still in the planning stage?

Why would anyone with the knowledge, experience, and the capital you are seeking want to have you as a partner?

steveinbsas said:
Hi Paul,

I have several questions.

Have you ever actually owned or operated a restaurant before?

Are you really in the process of opening this restaurant (and in need of additional cash and expertise) or are you still in the planning stage?

Why would anyone with the knowledge, experience, and the capital you are seeking want to have you as a partner?

Steve, Larry Ling is dead. Long live the king! You ask the questions that should be asked. Someone should syndicate you.:)

fifs2 said:
Steve, Larry Ling is dead. Long live the king! You ask the questions that should be asked. Someone should syndicate you.:)

In a few years I'll be old enough to have a wife as young as the (current) wife of King Larry!

(If she is Asian, perhaps her name will be Ling.):D

steveinbsas said:
In a few years I'll be old enough to have a wife as young as the (current) wife of King Larry!

(If she is Asain, perhaps her name will be Ling.):D

ror..aka lol. :D

also what percent partnership are you offering/looking for this 50k and expertise? how active do you want this partner to be in the daily business?
n

Hola Steve,

Answers below...

Have you ever actually owned or operated a restaurant before? ... yes indeed (Michelin/Egon Ronay recommended) + 2 x bars, 3 x nightclubs – all with food offerings, event catering company, yacht charter – with exceptional food service, hotel, funky cupcake emporium, charity haute soup kitchen, designer sandwich boutiques etc... oh and I was also the format divisor for a cookery show, a restaurant reviewer... and I have assisted a fair few friends with start up’s..... all of the aforementioned with great success! Oh and least I forget... in my long gone student days I worked as chef :)
Are you really in the process of opening this restaurant (and in need of additional cash and expertise) or are you still in the planning stage?.... it is more of a medium to large upscale cafe... at this moment I have paid a reservation fee (refundable).. whilst my local BsAs commercial lawyers perform due diligence on the mountains of paperwork – (licenses, cuit, monotributo, plancheta de habitacion and a shed load of other bureaucratic unfathomable stuff) no additional cash is actually required - as you will note in the original post - ‘it is open to discussion.’. .... businesses like this (or any other) in BsAs -ARG are a lot easier (necessary in my particular case – due to not having or having any interest in obtaining such things as a - CUIT, DNI, Ingresos Brutos, certificado de domicilio etc etc) to function with partner who comes with the most of prerequisites described in the original post ... if said partner brings the required goodies to the table, then IMHO it only fair and just that he or she is afforded the opportunity of a buy in % partnership... if indeed they so desire?

Why would anyone with the knowledge, experience, and the capital you are seeking want to have you as a partner? .... because of my proven track record.. not just in the hospitality and food arenas... but as a successful businessman and entrepreneur in general ..( I own and operate many other diverse and successful businesses)... I am also regarded by most folks (apart from my GF) as a straight talking, honest and good guy, toilet trained with pearly white Hollywood smile ..

Well Steve, I guess I'll be crossing you off my potential partner list and not to mention my Christmas one too.

people with a genuine interest please private message or email me at paul(at)vegetarianabuenosaires.com - as some of you already have - then I am more than happy to answer any questions. thanks. Paul

Thecontractman said:
Well Steve, I guess I'll be crossing you off my potential partner list and not to mention my Christmas one too.

I love sarcasm, but do youreally think this comment will help you attract a potential investor who also wants to work with or for you?

Canick said:
also what percent partnership are you offering/looking for this 50k and expertise? how active do you want this partner to be in the daily business?
n

This is the question that should have been (sincerely) answered before the smartass answer to mine. I know the OP read both posts because I saw he was on line after my last post.

If I was seeking a partner in this type of business (and I've had a partner inthe restaurant business), I would answer this question as follows:

"I am looking for someone to invest $50,000 USD in my restaurant business. The total investment will be $250K, (hypothetical figure) so the investor will recieve 20% equity in the business." (I would not offer or accept less).

Then I would provide a detailed description of the "working duties" of the investor/operator.

That is what I wold post if I expected to be taken seriously.

Thecontractman said:
Hola Steve,

Answers below...

Are you really in the process of opening this restaurant (and in need of additional cash and expertise) or are you still in the planning stage?.... it is more of a medium to large upscale cafe... at this moment I have paid a reservation fee (refundable).. whilst my local BsAs commercial lawyers perform due diligence on the mountains of paperwork – (licenses, cuit, monotributo,

You better get reassesed as if your lawyers are advising you to become monotributo, you just caused yourself a major tax infraction with AFIP. I wish you the best, but you better make sure you do this right or you are going to get burned worse than a marshmallow in a campfire.......

I have a business in Buenos Aires that has been up and running for over 2 years and while yes it can be done, and it CAN be profitable, it's VERY difficult and if you don't speak spanish and have trustworthy people to get things done for you be extremely careful.

Back