Business Partner Wanted for new (licensed – upscale) Vegetarian Cafe Bar

The monotributo is a nice one indeed (but if the "local BsAs commercial lawyers" said so...)

Honestly I hope he gets himself reassessed by someone who knows how to set up a business of this size and nature in Buenos Aires. I was lucky enough to get mostly good and accurate advice however I did get some bad advice that ended up costing me money that I could have used to reinvest when I needed to. Live and learn as they say. Setting up a business is an extremely complex task here, and even more so as a foreigner, since first you have to be legally conditioned to do so, and then once that's done, you have to do everything needed to get the business up and running. This guy says he has had restaurants before, so he may very well know what the challenges are to the business side, but Argentina is special due to the fact that most Buenos Aires city government agencies work against you when you truly need their support. In fact, they will do everything they can to make your business fail. However you CAN fight back and win, but you don't feel very victorious because you are fighting for something that is your right and they claim to be on your side.
Here's some of what happened to me:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=118845444855129
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=125497210856619
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=125461920860148

Thecontractman said:
Why would anyone with the knowledge, experience, and the capital you are seeking want to have you as a partner? .... because of my proven track record.. not just in the hospitality and food arenas... but as a successful businessman and entrepreneur in general ..( I own and operate many other diverse and successful businesses)... I am also regarded by most folks (apart from my GF) as a straight talking, honest and good guy, toilet trained with pearly white Hollywood smile ..

If you have a proven track record why are you trolling for investors here, especially if you already own and operate many other diverse and successful businesses?

I have never heard anyone use the expression "toilet trained" when seeking investors and I learned (long ago) to run like hell when anyone tells me they are honest.

Could you please list a few of these other successful businesses (even if they are in Nigeria)?

Thecontractman said:
Well Steve, I guess I'll be crossing you off my potential partner list and not to mention my Christmas one too.

I'm sorry Paul, but anyone with such a trackrecord in business shouldn't find it offensive to have to answer some basic questions about your own background before getting in touch. A professional would not only have listed what they were looking for in their potential partner, but also what they themselves are bringing to the table.

I think you shot yourself in the foot replying to Steve's basic questions with such sarcasm. With one sentence you've potentially ruined any chance of anyone on this forum taking you seriously.

syngirl said:
I'm sorry Paul, but anyone with such a trackrecord in business shouldn't find it offensive to have to answer some basic questions about your own background before getting in touch. A professional would not only have listed what they were looking for in their potential partner, but also what they themselves are bringing to the table.

I think you shot yourself in the foot replying to Steve's basic questions with such sarcasm. With one sentence you've potentially ruined any chance of anyone on this forum taking you seriously.

The goose is cooked.

Even though I know how to carve, additional cuts may not be required.

And I will not do so without a contract (from da man).

...I love this board :) lol BTW - anybody interested in a really special deal I can offer to the first 100 (and I stress *only* the first 100) investors who would like to own their own private piece of the Sydney Harbour Bridge ? :) Remember - you have to act NOW to avoid disappointment :) lol...

mmmmh - okay - I should point out that I was joking there - what can I say - it was a quiet day at work today and I just had ''the urge'' :) lol

thanks Davidglen77 for the advices ... and indeed my local BsAs Attorney LAURENCE P. WIENER and I were just discussing these exact type of issues.. Laurence is actually an expat who has been practicing down here for many years and has vast knowledge & experience in this area.. so I feel I am in safe and capable hands ... his website will give you a flavour of his capabilities and transparency http://www.wsclegal.com (not a plug, just helpful advice for readers)... something that was somewhat lacking with my 2 x previous local counsels.. thanks again

Johnno said:
...I love this board :) lol BTW - anybody interested in a really special deal I can offer to the first 100 (and I stress *only* the first 100) investors who would like to own their own private piece of the Sydney Harbour Bridge ? :) Remember - you have to act NOW to avoid disappointment :) lol...

Oh, what a pity if I missed my chance. I've been there and I love that bridge. I really wanted to own it. Perhaps I can get a contract for a manly food concession nearby.

Back