Buying A Car As A Tourist

Hi
Go to the page demotores.com and find out what the SUV you need will cost new/used

My advise buy from a major dealer,with guarantee, never from a Private party for a used vehicle
You may have to make a stop to the AFIP /IRS to get a tax record CUIL, then you pay the dealership, that may require Pesos, dollars cash or CC?
The Dealer will lead you through the needed steps.

I'm moving to san martin de los andes in early April on a tourist VISA . I have three Golden Retrievers that will be flying into EZE with me . I want to buy a car/SUV and drive it to SM from BA. I'll pay cash for the SUV in BA to avoid financing . Will I be able to do this ? If not , how can I accomplish this ? The car rental has a huge penalty and would cost approx. $ 1,700. Id rather spend that on a car > Thanks Kevin
I've never bought a car here and people on this board have constantly said don't buy from a private party. Not sure if you can register a car and buy insurance as a tourist, maybe your relatives will have to do it. You can browse SUVs in Facebook Marketplace to get an idea of what they are selling for.. Maybe you will need to rent an Airb&b for a fews days or longer in Buenos Aires while you shop for a vehicle. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/buenosaires/search/?query=suv&vertical=C2C&sort=BEST_MATCH . Go to your nearest AAA and get an international license just to be save. They don't cost much and are good for a year.

I've never bought a car here and people on this board have constantly said don't buy from a private party. Not sure if you can register a car and buy insurance as a tourist, maybe your relatives will have to do it. You can browse SUVs in Facebook Marketplace to get an idea of what they are selling for.. Maybe you will need to rent an Airb&b for a fews days or longer in Buenos Aires while you shop for a vehicle. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/buenosaires/search/?query=suv&vertical=C2C&sort=BEST_MATCH . Go to your nearest AAA and get an international license just to be safe. They don't cost much and are good for a year.

I've never bought a car here and people on this board have constantly said don't buy from a private party. Not sure if you can register a car and buy insurance as a tourist, maybe your relatives will have to do it. You can browse SUVs in Facebook Marketplace to get an idea of what they are selling for.. Maybe you will need to rent an Airb&b for a fews days or longer in Buenos Aires while you shop for a vehicle. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/buenosaires/search/?query=suv&vertical=C2C&sort=BEST_MATCH . Go to your nearest AAA and get an international license just to be save. They don't cost much and are good for a year.

I have purchased vehicles as a tourist, with passport only, from a major dealership and bought insurance form Zurich, La Caja insurance and other brokers. Dealers are more than eager to sell also insurance...! Dealers give out the forms to be submitted to AFIP, in Av, Carlos Pellegrini Office a 10 min.

Not advisable for a recently arrived tourist with limited local knowledge of "vivezas" and Spanish? to deal with a private owner . Many alter the Odometer in Warnes for a few hundred pesos. Plus what guarantee can you get from a private party? Here today Gone tomorrow? Prior violations records paid? Validity of titles and other documents? Ownership papers Legal no pending liabilities? Official Reliable Maintenance Records?

Not for me

Some insurance Companies had a problem to enter my passport number in the computerized application format. Also some will not accept foreign CC. you may pay in cash.

Back