Buying a gun...

JWB

Registered
I want to be prepared in case the idiot occupy wall street morons come to Buenos Aires:p

No, in all seriousness has anyone purchased a gun in Buenos Aires or know about the process? I'm a perm resident. I've seen a gun shop on Cabildo but have never stopped in.

On a side note, are there any shooting ranges in the city??

If you are referring to Armaria Navarra (Cabildo 201), that is the best place to start.

www.armaslanavarra.com.ar
E-mail: [email protected]. Av.Cabildo 201
Horario de Atención: Lunes a Viernes de 10 a 13 y de 15 a 19 ...

They will help you get a permit. If you have residency you must take a couple tests and you will need to prove that you have a source of income (to show that you aren't likely to commit robbery) by providing pay stubs or a letter from an Argentine accountant.

The name of the instructor de tiro is Jorge Carnaval.

He speaks English, but he is not at the shop every day.

If I remember correctly, the name of the woman who runs the shop is Marta.

Steve stated useful info, he didn't said he particularly agrees with the procedure, nor that is the point.

Thanks, Matt, but Lee was making a joke about the government, not me.;)

Lee may actually have a very good point. If the government knows who has guns as well as money they will be more careful when they go to their homes to seize it.:rolleyes:

I'm joking, too...well...sort of.:eek:

JWB said:
I want to be prepared in case the idiot occupy wall street morons come to Buenos Aires:p

They don't need to come to Buenos Aires, there are too many crony capitalist Fox lackey neanderthals in the US to deal with.

Joe said:
They don't need to come to Buenos Aires, there are too many crony capitalist Fox lackey neanderthals in the US to deal with.

Please name even one "crony capitalist" that you attribute to FOX.

There are a few sincere advocates of Capitalism on that network.

None of them want the government to intervene in the economy and grant some businesses special favors ...but that's exactly what crony capitalism means.

If you can find even one sincere advocate of free market capitalism who is employed on another network I'll will buy you lunch.

Back