Buying A Phone With Weak Spanish

Jas0nP

Registered
Hey all. Sorry for my first post being a pestering question that doesn't add much. I lost my iPhone in a taxi here and am now looking to replace it. It looks like I'll be buying the Samsung Galaxy. I was wondering if anyone knows of a electronics store in the city that speak English well? I imagine I'll have a lot of questions with needing it to be unlocked and trying to get a prepaid SIM so I fear doing all this is Spanish would be a little beyond me.

Thank you.

Nikad, on this forum, does that kind of assisting, for what I believe would be a very reasonable fee. She could go with you, Im sure. Short of that you could go to larger electronics places and see if any of their salesmen speak English. Personally I'd go with Nikad because she knows everything about "where to go" for whatever inBA as well as being a Porteña.!

http://www.personal.com.ar/personalblack/individuos/index.html?gclid=CJr-vdOhhLwCFXPNOgodf2IAqw#!/tablets/

You can buy a Samsung Galaxy from Personal a cell phone company and you won't even have to unlock it. Movistar probably sells them as well.

You can also buy it online on MercadoLibre, unblocked and with the SIM and ask all your questions over there.

You can also buy it online on MercadoLibre, unblocked and with the SIM and ask all your questions over there.

Here we go Nikad-san, you always with that helping hand. Most accolades to you, bravo !
I definetely if needing help would be contracting your assistance when gettin' there, if don't have money to pay you, then will use my CC and take you out to Sushi dinner!

Here we go Nikad-san, you always with that helping hand. Most accolades to you, bravo !
I definetely if needing help would be contracting your assistance when gettin' there, if don't have money to pay you, then will use my CC and take you out to Sushi dinner!
Sushiiiiiiiiiiiii - drooling - hehhee

I know a guy who unlocks phones for 350 pesos, if need be let me know and I will give you his number.

If you buy one in Fravega, Compumundo and other places, sim free, it will be unlocked anyway.
Then just get yourself a pay as you go sim card at a kiosko, with Movistar being my first choice.
It all depends whether you want to get tied in to a monthly contract.

If you can find someone with a DNI to get a movistar plan for you that will be even better for you, for 119 pesos you get unlimited movistar calls and 50 pesos credit for other providers.

I had the same worry about the language barrier when I needed to get a Sim card for the flip phone I brought from the U.S.
I have a tablet Android computer with a translator app called Jibbigo, which can be used offline (unlike Google translate, which requires an internet connection).
I took the tablet with me to the office of the cell phone company I bought the Sim from and it really helped me communicate.
Jibbigo is free on Google Play, and you pay about $5 for a language pack (pair). You can also get a bundle of major languages for less than it costs to buy them separately.

Back