Buying A Small Apartment To Be Used As Collateral

Just a quick point: you can't use an apartment that you are owner of as a guarantia. That's not permitted. Although some people will usually make some sort of exception for this. If you are a foreigner and own an apartment here, they will want you as a renter. The better option is to just offer people a full year or two years rent up front, and then they might be willing to take you on without a guarantia.

Be aware that many blocks of flats do not allow temporary rental for security reasons. Mine is one of them. I found out last week just by chance and I bought this flat a year ago. You certainly CAN'T RENT another place and be your own garante but you could get someone else to be the solicitante and then be the garante.

Reviving this thread.

Looking to buy something in 2015..whether to use or not use as a collateral is a different issue...

which would be good target streets /zones to search for something around 100-110K usd with los dos ambientes ( uno dormitorio)..around 45- 60 m2 in a nice building with a gym and pool. something new constructed in 2014 or 2015...and near a subte estacion. En capital.

Which would be good areas for attracting expats for temporary furnished rentals.

Recoleta/Retiro and Palermo are best.

I know a fair bit about buying property in BA as I was involved in two transactions in the last 4 years. I also know something about quality and construction and many DOs and DONTs. I am happy to help, just give me a shout.

Why do you assert that you cannot use your own real state as garantia? I think you are confused.
Here there is sonething called "bien de familia". It means that this asset is protected against foreclosure to protect your family. BUT, if you didn't put the appartment as bien de familia, then it can be used as garantia.

Why do you assert that you cannot use your own real state as garantia? I think you are confused.
Here there is sonething called "bien de familia". It means that this asset is protected against foreclosure to protect your family. BUT, if you didn't put the appartment as bien de familia, then it can be used as garantia.

I am Argentinian and my family happens to be in the business.

Dr bajo cero 22, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE elaborate on this point. It went over my head!!

I am very keen to buy a property to use as a garantia. Everyone says its not possible, except you.

I want to buy a nice but cheap property say worth 110K and I want to rent something which is probably worth much more. The problem is when I want to rent something high end..they ask for garantia or to pay 24 months rent upfront + 2 months security deposit + arancel por immobilario. Both the tasks are quite tough for me.

The easy way for me is to buy something for 110 K, furnish it generously..rent it to helpless expats like me..and self live in a high end property using my small apartment in capital as garantia

Back