Buying a USB & Printing

justgirl90

Registered
Fellow Expats...

I'm trying to get 10 or so copies of my resume, but most of the places I come across seem only to do photocopying - but I need it printed first. Also, I need to get my hands on a USB / pen drive (what's this called en Español) - where should I be looking?

Many thanks in advance!

Ashleigh

I believe Galeria Jardin is the name of the big IT galeria off Florida in Microcentro. Google for location.

Also, I used to email the Staples business center by my house docs I wanted to print, then just skip over and pic them up. I'd walk around your neighborhood and look for business centers, copy shops, or kioskos that have computer terminals and ask if they have an email address you can send things to. You can probably bring your thumb drive into those places as well.

you call it pendrive also. sometimes i`ve seen them at supermarkets alongside memory cards for cameras. a good place for copies are universities is a lot cheaper and they tend to be nice towards customers

Any cyber (there are dozens in every neighborhood) will let you print and most will have pendrives for sale as well.

I don't know about other neighborhoods, but there are a few dedicated print shops near where I live in Palermo. Of the two I can recommend, one is on Scalabrini Ortiz between Charcas and Paraguay (near Paraguay) and another on Güemes near the corner of Armenia. Both do good jobs, although the one on Scalabrini put a nasty virus on a pendrive of mine that caused no end of problems, so make sure you have good antivirus up-to-date and enabled for removable devices before you reinsert the USB drive.

Thanks guys, I managed to just pop into a internet cafe and got my prints. But that place in Palermo is right near me so will use that in future, thanks jimdepalermo! Will keep my eyes open for places that sell USB's.

Back