Buying Health Insurance Online

according to Aerolineas:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELING TO/FROM ARGENTINA:

Rules and regulations currently in force

Pursuant to Administrative Decision 951/21, the following passengers may enter Argentina:
· Argentine citizens or residents.
· Citizens and residents of neighboring countries who have remained in the country of origin (Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay) for the last 14 days before entering Argentina.
· Foreigners from all countries as from November 1, 2021.

In order to enter Argentina, passengers must comply with the following requirements:

· Fill out the Sworn Statement found at http://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/ within 48 hours before the flight and, at check-in, show the voucher received by email upon completion of the sworn statement.

· Prove, by means of a vaccination certificate, that they have fully completed their COVID-19 vaccination schedule at least FOURTEEN (14) days before entering Argentina.
- Except for:
- Argentine citizens or residents.
- Foreigners who were exceptionally authorized by the Argentine Migration Office.

If said passengers have not fully completed their vaccination schedule, they may enter the country if they comply with a mandatory 10-day isolation period as from the day when a negative PCR test is administered, provided that they have a PCR test done SEVEN (7) days after their arrival in Argentina, the result of which must be negative for them to end their mandatory isolation.

· Have a health insurance plan covering hospitalization and isolation due to COVID-19. Such health insurance plan must not have any exclusions or limitations during the stay.

· Except for: Argentine citizens or residents.

· Submit a negative PCR test certificate obtained no more than SEVENTY-TWO (72) hours before boarding, except in the following cases:
- If confirmed by a lab test, passengers who have had COVID-19 in the last 90 days before entering the country are exempted from submitting a negative PCR test certificate. To such end, they must submit the SARS-CoV-2 test results together with their medical discharge obtained more than ten days after having been diagnosed.
- Children under the age of 6.

· Have a new test for SARS-CoV-2 done upon arrival in Argentina, and another one five to seven days later. The cost of both tests must be borne by the passenger.
- Passengers who test positive for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival in the country must then have a PCR test done for their genome sequencing and must comply with the isolation period at the locations determined by the provincial authorities for 10 days or any other term stated by the protocol in force in the relevant province. The cost of the stay must be borne by the passenger.
- If a passenger tests positive seven days after arrival in the country, the intervening lab must make the relevant arrangements so that the competent national authority may perform the genome sequencing of the sample and so the local health authority may immediately track the individuals who were in close contact with said passenger.

· Underage children who are not fully vaccinated but are accompanied by adults who are may enter Argentina if they comply with a mandatory 10-day isolation period as from the day when the negative PCR test is administered, provided that they have a PCR test done SEVEN (7) days after their arrival in Argentina, the result of which must be negative for them to end their mandatory isolation.

Important: In order to prevent delays and complications upon arrival at the airport, we suggest that passengers who enter Argentina through the Mendoza airport follow the instructions included in this link.

· Foreigners whose direct relatives are Argentine citizens or residents (parents, children, siblings and spouses or cohabitants) who temporarily enter the country before November 1 out of necessity and do not require a visa, or foreigners expressly authorized by the Argentine Migration Office to enter the country (before November 1).

Apart from complying with all the above mentioned requirements, these passengers must:

· Produce the following documents to the airline: duly authenticated and apostilled (*) birth, marriage or cohabitation certificate evidencing the passenger’s direct relationship with an Argentine citizen, copy of the Argentine ID of the relative they are visiting, and ticket booking.
(*) In the US, documents must be apostilled.
- Submit to the migration control officer, upon arrival in the country, an application briefly outlining the reason for their trip, the dates of arrival and departure, the place where they will be staying, and any other relevant information that may be requested.

Thanks for that Reis. Let's say someone is vaccinated and a foreign tourist.

They need to do the following:

1. Provide proof of vaccination
2. Proof of health insurance
3. Fill out migration form
4. Take a PCR test within 72 hours of boarding
5. Take PCR test upon arrival
6. Take another PCR test 5 to 7 days after arrival

Is this correct?

I dont know, but I will let you know about Novemeber 17, when I have arrived. My guess is you probalby only need the first 4, but I am not sure. Thats what I have gathered from anecdotes of recent arrivals. Also, this Argentina. Rules change all the time, and nobody agrees on what they are.
But I really doubt anyone is going to be following up on another test a week later.

I dont know, but I will let you know about Novemeber 17, when I have arrived. My guess is you probalby only need the first 4, but I am not sure. Thats what I have gathered from anecdotes of recent arrivals. Also, this Argentina. Rules change all the time, and nobody agrees on what they are.
But I really doubt anyone is going to be following up on another test a week later.
They have just added that no unvaccinated people will leave the plane or be allowed in - maybe children only? phew I for one am relieved about this.

I am wondering how people are dealing with health insurance in BA. We have our US health insurance. However it doesn't cover anything there. We are there between 3-5 months a year when possible.We want to be covered for illness, covid etc but not necessarily trip insurance.Can we buy Osde or similar online before leaving ? or do we have to go w tourist trip insurance aka Alliance etc? Do we buy as needed by the months we are there or by the year.I believe they will ask when we enter.
Thanks in advance-
Hello! This is Maria. KInd of NewTrade's question. I am Argentinean, BUT I live in the US. I have health insurance in the US but only covers some emergencies. Can I arrive in Argentina, go to Hospital Italiando, Swiss Medical or Osde and buy an insurance for 3 months? Then cancel it when you leave? Anyone can give some phone numbers or contacts to call from the US?
Gracias!!
Maria

Yes, of course, rates depend on age. I was more worried about the lenght of time you can contract these services. Would they get you for 3 months?

Hello! This is Maria. KInd of NewTrade's question. I am Argentinean, BUT I live in the US. I have health insurance in the US but only covers some emergencies. Can I arrive in Argentina, go to Hospital Italiando, Swiss Medical or Osde and buy an insurance for 3 months? Then cancel it when you leave? Anyone can give some phone numbers or contacts to call from the US?
Gracias!!
Maria
Hi Maria, I am guessing that won’t work-as its required for covid and travel. My understanding is we have to show proof of insurance before boarding.

Gracias!!
Maria
We've used Allianz in the past. Only had to contact them once and it was a good experience. This was only for a few (5 - 6) weeks, not three months though & maybe for longer periods there are better options.
https://www.allianztravelinsurance....O-XSgdKQOIyADm3X1p7Be4tCMheUtQBgaAmcAEALw_wcB

Last edited:
I was more worried about the lenght of time you can contract these services. Would they get you for 3 months?

It is month-to-month by default. They just ask you to pay for the first month when you sign up, or send you an invoice to be paid by the 5th or something.

Just don't forget to cancel the policy explicitly when you want out.

People who talk about longer terms probably negotiate a special price by prepaying, but this is a creative approach and not the norm.

Hi Maria, I am guessing that won’t work-as its required for covid and travel. My understanding is we have to show proof of insurance before boarding.

Where is the insurance requirement stated? Is there some official website?

Back