Calling It Quits In Ba After Five Years

That video is such a cute post. I don't know how you all come up with some of this stuff that is SO appropriate!!!! I sit here and laugh out loud.
Mariposa I only know you by your name and contributions but I feel like a friend is leaving us and I'm so sorry--but I wish you the best! .

Would you be so kind to share with us how you managed with your house? I have Uruguay friends who sold a house here in Buenos Aires on a short time contract, and right in the middle the contract could not be completed in dollars (as originally agreed) or something like that and they seriously lost money on the sale because the conversion was made at the official rate. It's been a few months.Maybe things are better now.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Congrats on your house sale and best of luck for the move. Did you sell to someone with an account outside the country or were you able to wire funds out? We're trying to leave too and this is one of the main difficulties. [/background]

just PMed you with the answer. it was not a problem.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)].why did it have to be this way..we could've been so good together etc...it's you not me etc? And that was knowing we'd be back regularly due to our business. There's no victory in escaping Bsas...It's like that bad boy boyfriend you always wanted to change..but couldn't. [/background]

yes, I feel like that, too......

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mariposa I only know you by your name and contributions but I feel like a friend is leaving us and I'm so sorry--but I wish you the best! .[/background]

arlean,

Thank you for saying this, this is very sweet.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks a lot for your contributions. I really liked your posts. All the best in NYC.

We are also thinking of leaving after only two years here. We will go home for one year and see how it goes and come from time to time to BA. We will not sell our house for now, maybe next year if it is still possible.

Hello Mariposa,

Best of luck in your move back to the States! I too had a similar question as Farenheit and was wondering if you could PM me with how you were able to do the transaction in dollars and get the money back to the states without losing an arm and a leg in the transaction. My wife and I own a condo in Puerto Madryn and are looking to sell it because of the uncertainty in the economic situation there but are not sure if it is possible to even sell in dollars and if so how to transfer the money back to the States or if we need to find a buyer that has a US account. Thanks for any information you can provide us as we feel like we are stuck with this investment that we will never be able to liquidate and get the money back to the States.

Back