Calling It Quits In Ba After Five Years

Wishing you the best in your move !
Was hoping you could pm the info as well-- pensioner here and after six yrs, think it is time to sell and move back closer to family.....
Thank you. Much appreciated

Hmmm, returning to NYC..I'm pretty sure when done and settled back in the big apple, you will miss BsAs very much. Least eating again the NY pizzas and the frankfurters and not to forget the Long Island clam chowders! Now how do I go about on buying a place from town skipping gringos for cash there in BsAs.? This thread shows many expats wishing or planning to leave to their respective countries thus selling their living places, therefore many properties could be available for purchase?. Visit there first and scout out an interesting real estate piece then deposit money in the states for the seller? How would you guys would do the transaction.?

Hmmm, returning to NYC..I'm pretty sure when done and settled back in the big apple, you will miss BsAs very much. Least eating again the NY pizzas and the frankfurters and not to forget the Long Island clam chowders! Now how do I go about on buying a place from town skipping gringos for cash there in BsAs.? This thread shows many expats wishing or planning to leave to their respective countries thus selling their living places, therefore many properties could be available for purchase?. Visit there first and scout out an interesting real estate piece then deposit money in the states for the seller? How would you guys would do the transaction.?

You can purchase with cash outside Argentina, there is no necessity to bring it into the country

OK, but wouldn't the property selling Gringos wants to get paid in Dollars for their Argentina real estates?

No, people in the USA like to get paid in Simoleans.
What currency are you proposing?

If you think you can somehow convince a foreign owner of property in Buenos Aires to accept a big paper bag full of Argentine Pesos, I am guessing that probably wont work.

Most foreign owners would want the currency of whatever country they live in- pounds, yen, dollars, euros, that sort of thing.

However, there are potential tax and legal ramifications to this sort of deal. The real estate in argentina will have to be sold by argentine law, which means they tend to want the government share (taxes) on the sale amount. You better have a pretty good Notario and Lawyer in BA to pull that off.

You'd think so Camberiu but after the house sale (for us 9 yrs) and the successful apparition of said monies in our foreign account by unknown cueva and having NOT been mugged carting part of said sale in bra, underwear, brief cases of friends and lawyers etc....our overwhelming feeling was of sadness...why did it have to be this way..we could've been so good together etc...it's you not me etc? And that was knowing we'd be back regularly due to our business. There's no victory in escaping Bsas...It's like that bad boy boyfriend you always wanted to change..but couldn't. Like so many others who have tried before us. Not wanting to put words in the Op mouth but that's how it was and is for us.
Well said!

Best of luck Mariposa, and enjoy NYC! I was sad when I saw the title of your post, because I have valued your thoughts here for the past several years. We no longer live full time in BA, but visit for a month or so each year. I miss it still, and continue to read this site every few days to hear about what's really going on. We haven't sold yet, but it could be the year. I am sad about it, because I did believe in Argentina for more than a decade, but now I feel like she's just a hot but ultimately lousy lover who keeps pulling us back in and then disappointing us. It was the right move to return to California...I wish you all the best.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]There is no need to freak out. If anyone thinks they can't sell their property and get Dollars out of the country please PM me. We do this all the time. Thanks! [/background]

you're going to get A LOT of mail!!!!

Back