Camera Stolen!

Hello again, Thanks for the comments everyone. I have been slowly moving on, at least on my blog if nothing else.At any rate, Some have suggested i look on Mercadolibre and similar sites. I have found two cameras on Deremate posted the day after I was robbed. I can't get into the site though because I don't have the right document numbers to register. If any of you do could you ask (and certainly i know this is a tall order, but I figured I would try) for the serial numbers so you can get information on the battery. Who knows? Maybe someone will strike lucky? Thanks,Max The two cameras are: http://www.deremate.com.ar/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=16142847#preghttp://www.deremate.com.ar/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=16549192

is another place where a camera suspiciously like mine popped up and any help would be appreciated if you can access the site. But in either case thank you expats

I don't really know how common those cameras are or how rare so I don't know how suspicious it is for them to have appeared advertised online like that but if you sincerely believe that these are your cameras I think I would contact la policia.

Wow, that's incredible! Do you think you were followed and targeted or do you think the man happened to just see the watch on your friend's arm as he walked by the restaurant? I guess he would have had to have been targeted, come to think of it, or there likely wouldn't have been the motorcycle waiting. I have to say though, that when I travel I leave anything valuable at home. Who wants to have to constantly be trying to protect it?

-------------------------
Free insurance quotes

Lee said:
I feel for you too! We were robbed at an outdoor cafe. A man walked by and jumped on my partner...tore off his Cartier watch then leaped over a car and onto a waiting motercycle...we lost a $3500 watch in less than 10 seconds. Very expesive lunch indeed!

some people find threads through google, I don't think it's anything more than that.

I do a lot of professional photography, and I was really looking forward to bringing my camera equipment with me, but after hearing stories like this it's making me really think twice. I might just end up buying a decent compact and having to be satisfied with that..

Back