Can the following be found in BA?

kevinM said:
due out in april and I want to know what to stock up on! :D

peanut butter
oreos
hersheys chocolate
cookie dough ice cream (don't think I can bring that with me! :( )
US beers such as coors, bud, etc
mac and cheese

what else do the American expats miss there?

Forget about the mac and cheese. You will be eating so much meat the first three months you won't care about that goo.

As for the beer, after drinking Stella Artios for three months you will never be able to drink Bub or Coors again without thinking of how cheap good beer was in Argentina.

Oreos are available everywhere and peanut butter is often found at the Carrefour supermarket in Recoleta as well as the big Asian supermarket on Mendoza in Barrio Chino.

steveinbsas said:
Oreos are available everywhere and peanut butter is often found at the Carrefour supermarket in Recoleta as well as the big Asian supermarket on Mendoza in Barrio Chino.

I defenitely need to go to this big asian supermarket. where is it exactly? Mendoza and ???

thnx

I have LOTS of american products at my store in Villa Urquiza:

Oreos
Peanut Butter (this is made in Argentina, the kind that the oil floats at the top and you have to mix
Hershey´s Chocolate Kisses, bars, cereal bars, special dark chocolate
Skittles
Nerds
Runts
Gobstoppers
Bailey's Irish Cream
Schweppes Tonic Water
100 Grand Bars
Baby Ruth Bars
Butterfinger Bars
M&Ms
Snickers
Milky Way
Pringles Potato Chips
Nutella (made in Italy)
CANDYLAND Buenos Aires
Av. Triunvirato 3883
between Av. Los Incas & Giribone
4522-9040
www.candylandshop.com.ar

Davidglen: how much is the Italian Nutella? The one made in SA is no good.

I also have PEZ dispensers and the refill candies as well. Other candy in stock from the US is Mike & Ike, Bubble Tape, balloons that you can fill up with water and throw out the window, and from England I have Altoids & Werthers Butter Cream Candies.

I am working on getting the following products, hopefully sometime this year:

KitKat
Twizzlers
Lifesavers

Hopefully these will come through the import company reasonably well and not get caught up in Aduana like so many things do here.

totus said:
Does anyone know if you can buy Tabasco in Buenos Aires?

Yes. We've purchased Tabasco and Louisiana Gold at the Jumbo in Palermo. It's been a while though, but I think they still sell them.

Re: Peanut Butter; Our local mini-market in Puerto Madero has Skippy imported from the USA. The Skippy we saw in Barrio Chino was imported from Asia. It's pricey though at $45 pesos for the jar. :eek:

Back