Can the following be found in BA?

totus said:
Does anyone know if you can buy Tabasco in Buenos Aires?

You can, but it is also quite expensive. They usually sell it in meat and cheese/wine stores. I would say the small bottle is around 20 pesos, and the larger one is 60. I have also seen the green one although not as frequently. I believe that California Burrito Company has Tabasco as well; not sure if they sell it or if it just to use.

Hmmm, those items may be hard for me to come by. The importing company I work with strictly imports candy, sweets and some toys as well. Heath food items are not in their book. But if I do happen to see either of those items in their catalog I will let you know.

Cheers.

can you bring me some flaming hot cheetos...just joking..
the only thing you will not find is hot food here.. yes tabasco can be found.. it is expensive..... so bring some hot sauces... crushed red peppers spices that you like.. it takes very little room and it is worth it.... yes dont bring beer or oreos... argentina has enough cookies snacks good pastries... and ice cream on every block..

the only thing I bring every time from the states... is salad dressings.... like ranch dressing... pancake syrup, pancake mix, hot chili and hot sauces...
peanut butter can be found even in health stores for about 18-20 pesos... but a big jar of skippy isnt a bad idea.. it all depends on the weight of your luggage now a days.... and of course what you like!
but if you LOVE a certain food bring it.... USA foods are very expensive here... I would love a box of cheeze-its... or those flaming hot cheetos right now!!! Also as another person said if you have a expensive whiskey or alcohol bring it.... some of the higher end stuff is very expensive or cant be found!!! Also bring me some cigars.. the prices here will make you laugh... so over-priced...
well good luck to you!!!!
But for the first 3 months all you will do is drink wine and eat steak... so no worries for a little while!!!!

SaraSara said:
Davidglen: how much is the Italian Nutella? The one made in SA is no good.

They have Nutela in carrefour and in Disco (unless I have passed because when I see them I buy them all :rolleyes: and it takes ages before they are back)

They only have the little jars (350 gr) and my kids eat one jar a day or when they are carefull, one every 2 days...:eek:

I think everybody covered it all. One other thing to bring from the states, maple syrup!!!!

Salad dressings are becoming more common on the big supermarket chains, of course more expensive. Have in mind, salad dressings are not made up of mystery ingredients. I have an electric hand mixer to make killer dressings that are on the creamy thick side which require more emulsion and then I have a whip for lighter vinaigrettes. Pancake mix can also be homemade and it actually tastes better. Maple syrup on the other hand is expensive here, but I think its worth the cost if you want pancakes, waffles or even crêpes.

timsofam said:
I think everybody covered it all. One other thing to bring from the states, maple syrup!!!!

Maple syrup would be very welcome - pecan pie is just not the same without it.

i desperately miss reeses cups!! they have most other chocolate candies like snickers, milky ways and m & m's though.

and if i were you, i wouldn't fret too much about hershey's chocolate. the country is rich in tasty chocolate, and although it won't taste exactly the same, it's still darn tasty chocolate.

Back