Car Needed To Rent Over Holiday Season

Emma Hodson

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in January and my family are coming over from the UK this weekend for the big day on 5th January.

We are going to need to rent a car to get around, it doesn't have to be fancy at all! We're just going to need to get around the city and to and from the salon with all the wedding stuff etc. The problem is renting a car through a normal rent a car place is so expensive!!!

We'd need it from around 15th Dec to around 6th of January.

Any takers?

Obviously I'd be happy to meet and talk about it more thoroughly. I have a clean driving license and am used to driving around BA (I've lived here for 5 years and I use my fiance's family's car).

I'm also a photographer and am willing to negotiate a good price and/or an exchange for a photo shoot of any kind - wedding, 15th, engagement, family, corporate etc.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately you are probably not going to find any takers. There are huge insurance and legal issues. You're not technically allowed to drive someone else's car without a "cedula azul" - the blue card that shows you have permissions to do so. I think you'll be stuck with a rental company.

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in January and my family are coming over from the UK this weekend for the big day on 5th January.

We are going to need to rent a car to get around, it doesn't have to be fancy at all! We're just going to need to get around the city and to and from the salon with all the wedding stuff etc. The problem is renting a car through a normal rent a car place is so expensive!!!

Congratulations and very best wishes Emma :) Hope the day and everything else that follows is marvellous!

Car hire is an expensive pain. Do a topic search on here and you will find horror stories about retained credit card deposits etc. - (sorry I havnt discovered yet how to do a cut and past link to another posting on another thread)

My suggestion is that you buddy up with a local remise/radio taxi firm - and negotiate a deal for transport. You can throw in your offer for professional photography.

A remise with a driver etc it will end up cheaper than car hire, insurance, fuel, car hire hassle etc etc!! and no problems about not being able to drink/drive

Portenos do this ;)

Hi everyone,

Any takers?

Obviously I'd be happy to meet and talk about it more thoroughly. I have a clean driving license and am used to driving around BA (I've lived here for 5 years and I use my fiance's family's car).

I'm also a photographer and am willing to negotiate a good price and/or an exchange for a photo shoot of any kind - wedding, 15th, engagement, family, corporate etc.

Thanks!!

Hi Emma,

Congrats! For a small car (Gol 3 puertas) tangorentacar.com charges below $200 per day if you rent for 2 weeks. Might be a nice option. Good luck!

I think the main problem with rentals isn't so much the per day price, but the amount of money that their retain on your credit card (just in case) and the amount of money that you're liable to pay in the case of an accident (I was told by one place that there was a minimum liability of 20 thousand pesos). Given the roads here, there's no way I'd take that risk. I think that a remise + driver deal for the two weeks will end up being a lot cheaper...

We know a remise driver with a Renault Logan. Very dependable , and reasonable. He picks us up and takes us to Eze. If you want his contact info , let me know. He speaks no english.

Back