Dni Needed For Car Purchase?

goodboyjakey

Registered
Does anyone know if you have to have DNI to buy a car now? I didn't 4 years ago but somebody said I did now.

Do a search.......... it's true kids !!! Find what you want regarding anything on the forum !!! Be the first to try it and tell all the newbie's how great it is , and how well it works !! Anyone can learn , it is so fun and easy !!

I think you can if you get a CDI and then a CUIT number from AFIP.
Also, you may need to have your address of residence confirmed by the police or some other authority.
Please don't take my word on this as I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people here.

Go to a major car dealer and they will indicate what to do and where to get your CDI plus all the paper work required..!!

What about non-resident foreigners? I know some who have bought vehicles in the past; I bought mine in Chile because the process was so much simpler there, and the Chileans didn't care whether I took it across the border (then, and I presume now, an Argentine car was a vehículo nacional that a non-resident could not take out of the country).

What about non-resident foreigners? I know some who have bought vehicles in the past; I bought mine in Chile because the process was so much simpler there, and the Chileans didn't care whether I took it across the border (then, and I presume now, an Argentine car was a vehículo nacional that a non-resident could not take out of the country).

Non.resident foreigners can buy a car just with a CDI from AFIP. You are correct to drive an Argentine car out of the country you need permanent residence...!

Guess what, Mister 'Rocket Surgery' I did and that is why I am posting this question now. So go and be a smart ass somewhere else.

Seems like you got some great responses from the Brain Scientists !! As you see , you have several different responses. If you take Rich One's advice , which is good , go to 3 different car dealers and see if they tell you the same thing. This is Argentina , where anyone's answer can be a different as you and me !! As for being a smart ass , well some may think so , but some may find humor in it. DO not feel offended. Also do not call me names. Although Mister I would consider adequate . When I was a newbie , I got a bunch of those "do a search" responses. The info I wanted was either impossible to find , or way out of date.

Have a nice day !! :)

So if a tourist buys a vehicle there in the grand Argentina, can only use it within the Republic? I don't think many tourists obtains the PR wile in AR in order to purchase a vehicle. Why is it that ones private property purchased with own money can not cross over to vecinity countries? Then how about if I buy a vehicle in Chile let say, then enter Argentina and leaving the land,do I get permission to take my property out of the republic or do I encounter problems as well?

Back