cashing out bitcoin while not being a resident

opahopa

Registered
Hi!

Anyone using cryptocurrencies here? i work in blockhain industry and receiving a payments in cryptocurrencies. BTC -> ARS rate is just incredibly good and i was wondering if someone have experience making this exchange without having a residency here? Maybe there is some particular bank which would a open an account without a residency?

I think you need to have a DNI to use the local crypto exchanges like Ripio. But perhaps you can cash out at one of the Bitcoin ATMs? I haven't used them myself, but as far as I can see, all you need is a local telephone number to receive a text message. I think the rate is lower, but it might be worth trying.

The crypto exchanges are regulated so you'll need a DNI to use them. Same with banks. Maybe find someone trustworthy who wants to exchange pesos for crypto.

yeah p2p exchange would solve it surely, but rates are always a bit worse.
thanks for replies!

there have been threads on this here already, but from my experience i could not create an account on the bitcoin exchanges here because i'm not an Arg citizen. wasn't able to open one just with a DNI as a resident

The local bitcoin group is having a meetup Friday, the topic is "cryptomonedas y cepo" so it's relevant. It may be a good place to ask (in person) about selling btc for pesos.

Yeah, thanks. might be.
Not yet in BsAs - coming in January.

The Latin American Bitcoin conference is next week in Montevideo...

I think tickets are US $220. I just got an email from the Bitcoin Argentina group with a 30% discount code "ARGENTINA-30". I'm not going but the speaker list looks good.

Some say Gerald is really living the high Life in BA and posts on this very forum about Ferraris and such:

If you have a problem finding Bitcoin, if noone else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the Btc-Team.

For those that would like some more history on this:

"A crack commando unit from Vietnam that was sent to prison in 1972 for a crime they did not commit. After promptly escaping from a maximum security stocade, they now survive as soldiers of fortune, still on the run from the military police. They work for anyone who is in need of help and are innocent, hard-working people trying to make a living, and will usually do the job for free, even though they are supposedly "hired."

Cheers!

:p

Back