Casi intomable

CedarPawn said:
"Brewed in Dublin" means that Guinness is brewed in Dublin. The bottle you actually hold here in Argentina (or the states, or most other places) was brewed locally under the Guinness name, and is, in fact, inferior to even American Guinness. In any case, it's a bit of an acquired taste.

Wrong - The Guinness you buy here, IS Brewed in Dublin, and shipped here. As is the Guinness in the US.... All brewed back home..... Down Town Matias (at least the one in the Design Centre) serves a pretty good pint of draught Guinness.

In my opinion, Guiness just doesn't taste right coming from a bottle. To me, it is a beer that has to come from the tap (and be well-poured).

I've actually grown fond of Quilmes. :eek: And they have a stout as well.

Originally Posted by eschal
At Sugar I saw them watering down the Jagameister, they probably water down the Guinness also....

Why is this completely unsurprising to me?

To be fair, sleazy bar practices are pretty universal. When you order a top-shelf drink at half of the bars in NYC, you think you're actually drinking Ketel One, or the cheaper stuff poured into a Ketel One bottle?

marksoc said:
Guinness is the same elsewhere, as expats bitching is.

Guinness is not the same everywhere. In Guyana, for example, it tastes more like a pale ale. It's nothing like the Guinness that most of us are used to.

Sorry, you said "elsewhere." I didn't read it correctly. Let the bashing commence . . . .

I tried Guinness in BA, France, Spain, Thailand and Israel. Same stuff. Myself, I like more BeerLao (Laos) for a simple beer or some micro done here. Dark ones, I think Belgium ones are better. I liked Guinness back in the 1990s, when we didn´t had access to better stuff.

marksoc said:
I tried Guinness in BA, France, Spain, Thailand and Israel. Same stuff. Myself, I like more BeerLao (Laos) for a simple beer or some micro done here. Dark ones, I think Belgium ones are better. I liked Guinness back in the 1990s, when we didn´t had access to better stuff.

But you havent tried it in Ireland..which is the point. Our (us Oirish) urban myths about why only Irish guiness is good are as follows:

- the guiness shipped abroad is pasturized whilst the Guiness at home is not hence ours is creamy and heavy
- the waters of the Liffy (main Dublin river) are used in the process to add a unique taste which is lost in transport
- noone but the Irish know how to store or pour the stuff..did you see Obama in Ireland recently..he had to wait 10 mins for his pint "to settle"..if you arent made to wait 10 mins then you arent getting the real stuff

This is a marketing campaign on behalf of the Irish tourist board. Our country is f**ked...please come visit and buy lots and lots of Guiness!:rolleyes:

Quilmes is shit...I like beer Chang as everyday beer or any Korean beer.

Guinness is meant to be consumed from a keg - even in the US Guinness in a bottle is crap.

Guinness... I don't remember its taste anymore (keg or bottle). Same for Sam Smith. I could afford such luxuries back in the 1 a 1 days. Now I content myself with a Quilmes Stout or an Isenbeck Dark. I think they're decent (please don't be cruel and let me believe they are).

Back