Casual french student in BA

I've met a lot of Argentines who want to live in Europe. And, they already live IN Europe!

As Volver mentioned, MANY Argentines have European passports. And even those that don't have few problems going to Europe because no visa is required.

Personally I think HeyBA's post is just his own fantasy.

HeyBA's post was chauvinist like hell!

And eurocentric.

But, for that matter, so was volver. I descend from Italians on my mother and father's side. But I'm Brazilian. I lived for almost 5 years in the US as a child. But, once again, I'm Brazilian.
Sorry for my pathological sincerity (that is, if you consider what you commonly find out there sane), but, if you're going to be proud to be Argentinean, be proud of being Argentinean, and not European.

zlash92 said:
Thanks for you advices HeyBA! I have been told about Argentina wild fauna but I didn't know it was that wild!

La faune sauvage, elle t'emmerde! Treat us with respect and you will be respected in turn.

Dear 'Iznogud',
I am truthfully sorry for you if you have been victim of a form of disrespect concerning your nationality in the past. However this is by no means a legitimate excuse to publicly insult a foreign student, which on top of this is a profound admirer of the Argentinian people and its culture.
I like to believe that your comment is more the result of a lack of humour rather than a genuine insult against my persona.

Best regards,
Marc

Don't be sorry for me, there's absolutely no need.
Couldn't care less if you're the visiting Pope or a student from another planet, I'm guessing I'm talking to an adult and as such you should respect the others, specially in the company of strangers.

Can't find the humor in the way you refer of us. Not in english, spanish or french. Your particular humor is short on smileys. Don't see you apologizing or backing up, therefore I stand by my words too.

Je t' emmerde. Suffisamment clair maintenant?

A la prochaine,

PS: It should not require further explanation but you look like you could use more than one hint.

This has nothing to do with nationalities, religion, race or culture.
Could not care less if you were talking of a different people than mine, really doesn't matter. It's about being a Man.

Please stop behaving like punk, if you can.

Iznogud said:
La faune sauvage, elle t'emmerde! Treat us with respect and you will be respected in turn.

Hold'on Iznogud for one second. I don't want to be the "Calife à la place du Calife" ;) but your reaction on that one is quite odd, agressive & out of context.

You have +500 posts on this forum since about 4 months (that I browsed quickly, in 5 mins/very active in a short time). There's no doubt you are Argentinean (you used once the equivalent, in English, of "ni te toco con un puntero laser" --> typical Argentinean say). You often mention the fact you have kids, you are +50 and such. Fine.

Moreover, I appreciate your posts because they are truly genuine (and we are many, from very different backgrounds/political opinions, to think that, as it seems).

Also, you truly are a "francophone" (Izonogud...). That makes no doubt.

Nevertheless, while many on this forum bash Argentines in every possible way, it's the first time I see you using such a language.

Why now this reaction?

Just wondering... (For instance, I never saw you typing "go fcuk yourself" against a native English speaker criticizing Argentine --> Precisely what I wonder about).

Your posts are great otherwise but here, it's odd.

Thanks for any clarification if you wish to (otherwise ignore, obviously).

No biggie, maybe just getting old? And tired?

First to welcome the guy and I do it with an open hand. Tend to think that I'm well natured and people are good. My bad.

But his comment really rubbed me the wrong way. No way to speak of the ladies. Anywhere.

Comeback didn't improve my opinion of him. Lame.

But he could come from outer space that it makes no difference to me.

I'm off to MVD tomorrow. Let me know if you're around, we can grab a coffee.

Eclair said:
Argentina is not Europe, and Argentines of European descent are not Europeans. At least not any more so than the cast of Jersey Shore being bona fide Italians. :p Just my opinion.

Eclair...!! very french, I love Eclairs :)
I see a long discussion arising on who are the real Europeans:confused:
Americans or Canadians of European descent are Not Europeans, neither they want to be..!!:rolleyes:

Back