Cat calling

I´m not sure what "cat calling" is, exactly, but if it is men miaowing at you, according to my argentine boyfriend it implies you are a cat, which means hooker... sorry, probably doesn´t help any, but I´m told it´s offensive to ALL women here! Next time, just tell them where to go!!

sarl1 said:
I´m not sure what "cat calling" is, exactly, but if it is men miaowing at you, according to my argentine boyfriend it implies you are a cat, which means hooker... sorry, probably doesn´t help any, but I´m told it´s offensive to ALL women here! Next time, just tell them where to go!!

Haha, good to know! But I think in general the "cat calls" in English are the equivalent to piropos, not actual meows! ;)

In Roman times the putas were called "lupinas", or something like that, because the prostitutes would stand in the doorway of the "place of work" and howl at the men like wolves. (Lobas... feminine)

It's nice to see that we've evolved so much that not only do the women not have to howl after the men, but the men now have to call to the women.

Progress for equality always brings a tear to my eye.

Im a lesbian ( bisexual ) and love that woman catcall me on the street and make sexy comments . This is life and this is Argentina.

Kelly you are a typical american country fed girl hypocrite who believes that your society is better than ours for the most daft reasons but your society the USA is the sickest society of earth.

Why do American woman support circumcision for men so much . Is it because they need to control their mens sexuality? The USA has over 50 % of its mens circumsized while the rest of the civilised world is is less than 10 % in Europe and South America. To me male circumcision is the most barbaric act in modern age and American woman are at the forefront of promoting this to control men .

The USA is repressed like you are Kelly and we do not need your stupid comments here on our forum as you are trying to pollute our culture like you have done in many countries that follow the USA rules...

cabrera said:
Im a lesbian ( bisexual ) and love that woman catcall me on the street and make sexy comments . This is life and this is Argentina.

Kelly you are a typical american country fed girl hypocrite who believes that your society is better than ours for the most daft reasons but your society the USA is the sickest society of earth.

Why do American woman support circumcision for men so much . Is it because they need to control their mens sexuality? The USA has over 50 % of its mens circumsized while the rest of the civilised world is is less than 10 % in Europe and South America. To me male circumcision is the most barbaric act in modern age and American woman are at the forefront of promoting this to control men .

The USA is repressed like you are Kelly and we do not need your stupid comments here on our forum as you are trying to pollute our culture like you have done in many countries that follow the USA rules...

She's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

And I smell a cat fight!:D

Napoleon said:
She's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

And I smell a cat fight!:D

THE NGHTMARE BEGINS!!!

and it's even more scary that I agree with her. Oh deary deary me.

tangobob said:
THE NGHTMARE BEGINS!!!

and it's even more scary that I agree with her. Oh deary deary me.
Don't worry Bob it will go away with some Malbec. But the fact that the Cabby is back in the form of a tortilla is most disappointing.

Interesting. So how do you act or do you just not act? I'm not used to hearing comments about my appearance here in Finland but I'm sure I will in Buenos Aires... especially when being blond and 181cm tall, heh. I don't mind hearing "sos diosa" (yeah right) but would be nice not to get offended too much since my selfesteem is not the best in the world.

Argentina is nothing compared to some of the other countries in South America. I honestly can't complain, it could be much much worse. I've just noticed some guys have a tendency to stare a little too much, which is slightly creepy but I'll take that any day over some of the other crap I've had to listen to. I think Peru is the worst for getting harassed. It's one of the things I really hate about spending time in Lima. I actually had one seriously perverted guy follow me for a good 7 or 8 blocks insisting I go back to to his house for some "sexo" and thankfully my Spanish isn't all that good so I didn't quite get the full details on his speach about tits and esperma.

Back