Certificado De Buena Conducta

jamasVamos

Registered
I'm renting in apartment in Palermo and supposedly my landlord requires a Certificado de Buena Conducta that I must get in Buenos Aires. Does anyone know if it's possible to get this as a US citizen and is there a cost?

I'm renting in apartment in Palermo and supposedly my landlord requires a Certificado de Buena Conducta that I must get in Buenos Aires. Does anyone know if it's possible to get this as a US citizen and is there a cost?

When my wife applied for a green card, she had to get one from the Policía Federal, but that was 30-some years ago. If you have legal residence, presumably they might issue you one, but I'm only speculating.

When my wife applied for a green card, she had to get one from the Policía Federal, but that was 30-some years ago. If you have legal residence, presumably they might issue you one, but I'm only speculating.
Interesting. I'm renting a place temporarily for 6 months and had no idea I needed to get one of those. Did the process back then take awhile to complete to get it?

Interesting. I'm renting a place temporarily for 6 months and had no idea I needed to get one of those. Did the process back then take awhile to complete to get it?

For a temporary rental, I'm surprised they'd ask for anything other than hard currency. The process was fairly brief then, but I can't recall the details except that, during the Dirty War years, nobody wanted to visit the PF if it could be avoided.

I know that the certificado de antecedentes Penales you can make an appointment online then go to Tucuman 1353 to pay and then you can print it out online. I was checking around on-line where you can get the certificado de buena conducta and I think you can ask for it from the local police station in the area you live (comisiaria de tu jurisdiccion). I'm not sure if being a foreigner you can apply for on there, but I would drop and ask. If nothing else, you could always ask the owner of the apartment you want to rent from if you can give him/her a certificado de antecedentes penales.

Back